PS2 will play DVD's, but won't play CD's or games. :confused:
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 06:01 PM

Do you get some kind of error message?
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2009, 06:13 PM

No, just blue screen with [NO SIGNAL]. I think the TV is generating the message.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 06:48 AM

Okay, when you boot up your PS2, do you have the "Browser" and "System Configuration" screen? If I recall correctly, those were the two choices. I would check the system configuration and all the connections. In the system configuration, make sure the output is not set to Y/Pb/Cr unless you have component cables (Red,Blue,Green for video, white, red for audio).
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 06:50 AM

*Y/Cb/Cr (oops! Haha)
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 05:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FadedMaster View Post
    Okay, when you boot up your PS2, do you have the "Browser" and "System Configuration" screen? If I recall correctly, those were the two choices. I would check the system configuration and all the connections. In the system configuration, make sure the output is not set to Y/Pb/Cr unless you have component cables (Red,Blue,Green for video, white, red for audio).
    DING! THAT'S CORRECT! Spin again... a thousand thanks to you. Somehow the output selection had defaulted back to A/V, but only the hi-def cable was connected. Dug the box out, plugged in the A/V cable, and game on. Feel free to ask me about heating/air conditioning-related concerns anytime.
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2009, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KC13 View Post
    DING! THAT'S CORRECT! Spin again... a thousand thanks to you. Somehow the output selection had defaulted back to A/V, but only the hi-def cable was connected. Dug the box out, plugged in the A/V cable, and game on. Feel free to ask me about heating/air conditioning-related concerns anytime.
    Haha, good I'm glad. I'm guessing you cleared your memory card of the system settings, and that's what caused this to happen. I'll keep in mind if my dad can't answer any of my HVAC questions. Haha. He'd be disappointed if I didn't ask him first. :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 04:04 AM
    Haha, good I'm glad. I'm guessing you cleared your memory card of the system settings, and that's what caused this to happen. I'll keep in mind if my dad can't answer any of my HVAC questions. Haha. He'd be disappointed if I didn't ask him first. :)
    He won't know, unless he's an AMHD member. ;)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 04:17 AM

Glad you got it sorted :)
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 08:22 AM
    He won't know, unless he's an AMHD member. ;)
    He is. Haha.
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 09:37 PM
    He is. Haha.
    Cool! But... am I sensing just a hint of evasiveness from you? His screen name is..? Of course, if that's priveledged info, I'll choose life over knowledge. :D
    Ultra Member

Dec 18, 2009, 09:36 AM
    Cool! But...am I sensing just a hint of evasiveness from you? His screen name is...??? Of course, if that's priveledged info, I'll choose life over knowledge. :D
    He hasn't posted on here in a while, but his user is Hixton.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data entry or data processing from home. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello from Florida, My name is Don and I am looking for a free data entry from home website that I can find. It is not easy to find! Please help!

Collect data into 2 combo boxes from data in an access table [ 1 Answers ]

I have two combo boxes. When the form loads the db connection opens a recordset that selects all the data from the retaillocations table. When you choose the region (0-4), that number loads into a text box and the Contacts load into the forst combo box. Now I want to select only the Name based on...

Transmitting data and receiving data wireless through moirco-controller [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to transmit data from one microcontroller to another microcontroller wirelessly. The micro-controller are connected to one computer each through a serial cable. I want it to transmit data from the hyper terminal to the 1st micro-controller. For example, when I type the letter "a", it...

Convert vista data or hd to xp data or hd [ 3 Answers ]

Had vista on PC - lost motherboard - replacement motherboard will not support vista. I have xp installed, but it will not recognize data from vista hard drive. Though I have my data files backed up on "carbonite", I don't know if they will restore to an XP hard drive? Else - is there...

Deleting PS2 game files [ 5 Answers ]

OK, here's the deal. I was playing this game on my PS2 and I saved when I forgot I wasn't supposed to. Is there a way for me to delete just part of a game file without deleting the whole thing, kind of like going back in time? Thanks!

View more questions Search