Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charleyc1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 05:44 PM
    I wrote a company check on a closed company account
    I wrote a company check on a closed company account, what happens. They're both my companies
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 15, 2009, 05:47 PM

You are saying, you wrote a check on a closed account and deposited it another account you own? And what did you do with the money?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 08:01 PM

If you used the money that was temp deposited, as long as you pay it back ASAP most likely the bank will not press criminal charges of fraud.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing a check on a closed account to MYSELF? [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, I know this sounds really bad and dishonest. But a couple of times, I have written a couple checks to my OPEN account to myself from an old CLOSED account (I still had the checkbook after I closed it) to avoid overdraft fees. For example, I have $50 in my account, I don't get paid for 2 more...

My bank took $7.85 from my account for the $1.85 check I wrote. [ 14 Answers ]

The check I wrote was for $1.85 with the word "One and 85/100 only". Last month my acoount statement came and it showed $7.85. I asked my bank in person twice. Finally, the banking officer wrote me the following letter: " We have received your complain about the discrepancy of a check written to...

How long do I have to pay off a check written off a closed account [ 4 Answers ]

How long do I have to pay off a check written on a closed account before a warrant is issued?

Bounced check to Canadian company [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a company in Canada threatening to sue for a webserver. My dad used to be associated with my company and he signed up for a webserver (renting it on the internet) and he didn't tell me that it was a contract that said if you cancelled the account, you were liable for 1 years worth of...

View more questions Search