Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluenoses Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 02:06 PM
    Ask questions about pitbulls
    Yes I was just wondering what all colors are pitbull furs? Is there a chart or something? The reason I ask is because about 6 days ago my brindle female had her litter of pups two pups came out looking kind of redish-brown with kind of a dark blueish streak down their backs and one of my friends said that it is called sable is there such? I've heard the term before but haven't seen one. Any info is appreicated! Thanks! Here are a couple pics of both the female and male

Female:

Male:
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2qjf9jk.jpg[/I

Male and female:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 02:16 PM

Some lovely looking pups you have there, bluenoses, yes sable is a recognized colour. I have seen some staffies in sable. You do realize that the term
    Pit bull' is a catchall for a family of bull terriers and includes many different names.How many did she have ? And More pictures, please!

Where is rubypitbull when you need her !
    bluenoses Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Some lovely looking pups you have there, bluenoses, yes sable is a recognized colour. I have seen some staffies in sable. You do realize that the term
    pit bull' is a catchall for a family of bull terriers and includes many different names.How many did she have ? and More pictures, please !!

Where is rubypitbull when you need her !
    Ty! She had 8 altogether but 2 died. One was a really tiny runt of the litter and the other one she had in the middle of the night and chewed its umbilical cord down too close and the poor thing bled out. I will be glad to post more pics but it won't be until tomorrow when I get a chance to take some good ones.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 15, 2009, 05:39 PM

Pitbulls can come in any color or color combination except for merle.

Bluenose and Rednose are just backyard breeder terms.
    Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Pitbulls can come in any color or color combination except for merle.

I haven't heard the term 'merle' used in years; now it is erroneously called 'dapple' as in the colour difference in miniature daschounds. If anyone has seen the Australian sheppard, two colour, that is called 'merle' and you will only see it truly in certain breeds. It is a gene thing on dogdom.

Tick
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 01:02 AM

Ahh OK, must be called differently in the US/Canada.

Yep, merle is a combination of blue, grey and white all ticked through the body.

Here's a pic of a merle (dapple) pitt:
    Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 03:24 AM

Wow, that is one ugly pit:eek:

No wasn't disputing you, shazzy, just commenting that I hadn't heard 'merle' in a long time.

Tick
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 04:14 AM

I didn't think you were :)
    You guys use a lot of different words for things to us so it gets confusing sometimes. I remember talking about a jumper on here, no-one knew what I was talking about because in the USA they are called sweaters!

And yeah I'm not a fan of merle, it's a genetic fault and 2 merles bred together can often produce deaf and/or blind puppies.
    Expert

Dec 16, 2009, 04:30 AM

Most of us 'seniors' here in Canada are really quite British, shazzy. I would have known you meant a sweater (for jumper).

Tick
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Most of us 'seniors' here in Canada are really quite British, shazzy. I would have known you meant a sweater (for jumper).

tick
    I'm not alone in my crazy terminology :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eli Bloodline within Pitbulls [ 1 Answers ]

Where does the Eli Bloodline for pitbulls originate? Are there any pictures, that I can be referred to on a website?

My Two Pitbulls Puppies [ 1 Answers ]

Hi When I first got my puppies I was feeding them puppy chow, I wanted to feed them something better, I brought them natural balance lamb meal & brown rice formula grain But that was not doing them good, I switch them to natural balance potato and duck grain free, wasn't good I switch them to iams...

Insurance on pitbulls [ 5 Answers ]

How many Pit Bulls do you have to have before you have to put insurance on them in case they bite someone? I have 6

Misconception of Pitbulls [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, Im doing a college paper on the misconception of pitbulls. I would love to hear the other side of the issue for a contrast. If anyone has an opinion on pitbulls that disagree with my statement of "I love pitbulls, they are great dogs and not all of them are agressive." It would be...

Pitbulls [ 2 Answers ]

How do you keep a pit bull from peeing and pooping in the house. How do you keep two pit bulls from charging the door when people come over.why would a pit bull chew on another pit bull.:confused:

View more questions Search