Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Dec 15, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Missouri
    I work at a restaurant in Missouri and recently found out the owners are recording conversations of employees and customers without consent. What should I do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 15, 2009, 03:04 PM

I can't see why they would do that I am sure it is violating something; it seems rather covert. What kind of restaurant is it? Is it a high end type place where you have political figures, entertainers visiting (in Missouri no less, whatever). If it is just an ordinary everday pub, dive then I would just stay out of it unless you want to lose your job and make trouble for yourself.

Tick
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2009, 10:58 AM

Just how is the owner recording these conversations of the employees and the customers?
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Dec 17, 2009, 10:23 AM

They're recording with some kind of mics hidden around the restaurant that are connected to their computers where it is all saved and stored.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleysb View Post
    I work at a restaurant in Missouri and recently found out the owners are recording conversations of employees and customers without consent. What should I do?
    Hello ashley:

When in public, people don't have a right to privacy. Your employer isn't violating the law. Recording people in the restroom would be against the law, though. Are they doing that?

If not, you should do nothing.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 17, 2009, 06:15 PM
    Actually many ( and I mean many) places record not only what is said but what you are doing, Most department stores have you on video, most quick stops have you on video and audio.

You are recorded at many gas pumps, at all ATM machines and more In most major cities you are on camera just driving and walking around main parts of the city.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missouri tax coin [ 4 Answers ]

I have a coin about the size of a nickel that says Missouri sales tax receipt.It has a picture of the state in the middle of the coin and the # 1 in the middle of the picture. This came from some stuff I have from a g grand parent so is pretty old. Any one have any idea when it was issued?

Missouri DMV laws [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody no if the State of Missouri Department of Motor Vehicles has a online social security number verification system to verify a drivers licsence applicants social security number right on the spot at the DMV when presented as proof of identity for a drivers licsence or state ID.

Missouri vs. New York [ 8 Answers ]

Can a 29 yr.old and or his Mother sue an alleged bio-father with or without DNA which was never done?

Missouri eviction [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a family member who has lived on my property for 7 yrs. Paying rent for the 1st year only. Gave 30 day verbal eviction which is almost up. If not out by 30 days I am giving written eviction notice Does it have to be 30 days? Thanks.

Off to Missouri [ 1 Answers ]

If you miss me for a few days, I am off to Missouri. I have some perosnal business to attend to plus Toni will be performing at the US Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau MO on Friday. It is a thank you concert for them for the loving way they cared for my father before his death last month.

View more questions Search