Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    logsy2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 06:11 AM
    Shaving (blush)
    OK I'm in my teens and I've never shaved my face I'm not that hairy but I want to shave. I don't live with my dad and hate him so I can't ask him will someone give me step to step intructions? What kind of shaver I'm soppoese to use am I soppoese to use electric or razer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2006, 07:16 AM
    I would start with a simple disposable razor. The most important aspect here is the shaving cream. I would experiment with either sample or the smallest size cans you can find. See if you can find one specifically formulated for younger skin.

When shaving you use down strokes for your cheeks, under the nose and chin. Use up strokes for the neck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 08:47 PM
    I recommend you start with a good electric, triple head shaver until your face gets use to it and hydrogen peroxide as an after shave applied liberally. And have a semi-hard Bristol brush to use before shaving to stand the hairs up. Clean the shaver after each use. When the skin toughs up some you will be able to shave with anything.
    panther195 Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Dec 10, 2006, 07:57 PM
    Wait till you have more whiskers to shave.
    stylez_uk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 04:33 PM
    I wouldent shave till you need to shave, because at the end of the day, any hair will grow faster once cut, and thicker, so you will have to shave reguary, think yourself lucky if you don't have to shave yet, some people have to do it everydays, myself every 2 days and I hate it.
    barrel24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Hi I'm 16 I usually use a electric shaver with no problems and it can get really close at the minute I only need to shave weekly you can pick electric shavers up quite cheap hope this helps
    Gazzy Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Feb 5, 2007, 11:19 AM
    It isn't as hard as you think mate, just put on the shaving cream... Then use a disposable shaver and just shave away :) You will get cut... It happens to all beginners lol.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 12:27 PM
    I find Edge Gel to be far superior to to any of the shaving foams (creams) out there. You may just have sensitive skin. Always use sharp blades.. toss them when you feel them tug at the hair rather than cut.
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Feb 25, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Consider yourself lucky. My first time shaving was a full-body shavedown for Swimmin Championships my Freshman year. Boy does THAT teach you how to keep a steady razor...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Few questions from a proud male *insert blush* [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, I been looking around the internet for answers to my problems but not felt comfortable posting but seems here there are a knowledgeable and friendly bunch. Anyway. Im a 23 year old male and I have had a few problems with dribbling after passing urine and ejaculating. I can...

About shaving [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, l want to get thicker beard. But should l shave everyday with blade? And also how many months should l shave and stop and let the beard grow?

Facial Blush [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Can someone aid me to the right direction/remedy to having my facial "blushing" cured. Its been almost 5 years... and it all started in college my cheeks have been constantly red whether if the weather is cool or hot. I sometimes face the question "Who slapped you?".. from a variety of...

View more questions Search