Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mprofera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 06:25 PM
    I am depressed and sad living away from my family
    I move to VT to open start up a B&B. I lived in PA with my 4 children and now have 9 grandchildren. They are from my first marriage. I have been married to my current husband for 0ver 10 years. My Dad is now 86. I have been in VT for 10 years. I feel the pull back to PA. I miss everyone so much. At night, before I fall asleep I fear that I am dying. I am now 62 and healthy. Am I depressed? I am unable to return for family functions (marriage, deaths, birthday, etc.) due to my commitment to our B&B and the weather. After 10 years here I am feeling more depressed and sad. I just want to be HOME but my husband says we can't sell our inn for the price we want. I had a realtor and realized that I really am stuck. I try to make the best of things but my hubby just isn't enough for me. I need my family but it will take time to sell our inn. Help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 14, 2009, 06:51 PM

Yes, real estate is way, ( way, way , way) down, In many places property is seling for 1/2 of what it did just 3 years ago.

BUT? If you have a BB and making a profit, you are selling a business, not a house, so your profit figures mean a lot for what you can sell it for.

Or can you hire a manager ( live in) to run it for you, ** of course they would take up most of the profit, ( assuming there are profits)

Or you just sell out at a loss and move back to around family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Living with a depressed person [ 4 Answers ]

I would characterize my boyfriend as absolutely depressed. We recently moved across the country after having a really rough time in a new city. He does not seem to have the energy to get a job or do basically anything... We are fighting a lot. I am trying to be supportive and understanding - we...

Choice between living with boyfriend or with family. What's best for us AND me? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having such a difficult time making this decision. It's actually causing severe anxiety and depression. Basically I'm living with my boyfriend 6 hours away from home, and I love him dearly and we're really happy together. We live in his grandma's house, and it's a really difficult environment...

Human? Family living in space, maybe? [ 1 Answers ]

I think it was a human family living in space. This was a kid's movie from the late 80's. I remember a narrow walkway though a void or space. Live action. I think they might have been pretending to be aliens? Could be wrong. I only saw this once back in the 80's. I remember it being very odd.

Son and family living with me, out of control [ 2 Answers ]

My 28 year old son and his family moved in with me 6 months ago, it was supposed to be for one month. They agreed to pay $125 a week for the 4 of them. Very seldom have I received any rent. They abuse me, they leave my house a mess, they threaten me and my pets. I can not afford to do an eviction...

When I should tell my family about living on-campus [ 6 Answers ]

Next year I would prefer to live on campus, because where I live is far to school, it takes me 1h 30 min to get there. So it limits my opportunities I can take on campus. I am thinking about taking minor (additional classes) and perhaps join some club, don't worry about weather- in Chicagoland it...

View more questions Search