Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buffaloed Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Squatters law/florida
    I have a person living with me that I want to leave,at one time we were lovers but that is over,they will not pay rent or any other bills they give no monatary help what so ever,and
    When I ask them to go they will try to start a fight,they drink and do drugs,their is always
    Some person coming around that they are fighting with,they break things,are loud an rude.I am afraid for myself,ithink they might try to hurt me or do something to the house.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 14, 2009, 10:33 AM

There are no squatters laws anymore. If you are the property owner or the only one on a lease, then his is your tenant and has to be evicted like any tenant.

But there is a domestic violence issue here. So my suggestion would be to try and get a restraining order against him. The RO will force him to move.

Dec 14, 2009, 10:33 AM

didnt get a answer

Dec 14, 2009, 10:41 AM
    Thank you for that,but I tried that and
    Was told that they would have to really
    Do something to me,because they said
    We are gay and been together for 20yrs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting squatters in Florida [ 4 Answers ]

I own a condo that has a clause stipulating 'No renters". A friend stayed in this property for a week and then decided to rent the property without informing me. The Condo Association sent me a letter informing me of this situation and have asked me to evict this person immediately. I have no...

Squatters in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

I have someone who was working on my moblehome decide to turn thr power on in his name and move his family from South Florida into my mobilehome. I want them out, can I have local law enforcement remove them?

Florida squatters law [ 3 Answers ]

What is the law regarding squatters for the state of Florida?

Florida Squatters Law [ 2 Answers ]

Re: Florida Squatters Law Is there a Florida Squatters Law? The bailout money for Home Foreclosures has not reached Bank of America. Please advise.

Squatters Rights in Florida [ 1 Answers ]

Is there such a law as squatters rights in Florida? How long does an individual have to occupy the property before claiming squatters rights? Do you file a quit claim deed or how do you go about making legal claim to the property?

View more questions Search