Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blacklush45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 09:15 AM
    Changing an organizational structure in a failing division around
    Turning a failing organization around is one of the most interesting activities in management. When organizations see themselves in that downward spiral, their managers may feel that they are unable to stop the pace of negative change. That worry and that downward momentum can be very powerful. At the same time, it sometimes takes only a key impetus to deflect that movement and turn things around.

You have recently been hired as a new manager hired into a failing division in a company. The product line is outdated and losing market share, inter-departmental communication is adversarial, and competition for corporate funding is fierce. How are you, a new individual, going to turn things around? As your first job as the new manager at the outdated, adversarial company, write a plan for changing its organizational structure, incorporating the following elements:

Explain how you would address each of the three main problems in the organization: 1) outdated product lines, 2) adversarial communication, and 3) competition for internal resources. Thinking about organizational structures reviewed in the text, which one (or ones) do you think would be most suited to this organization and why.
    What steps would you suggest to manage the transition from the old organizational structure to the new?
    How would you assess the external environment and integrate this into the turn-around plan? Student must support their work with outside reliable sources.

Describe the techniques of managing change?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklush45 View Post
    Student must support their work with outside reliable sources.
    Hello black:

We don't do homework here, and I ain't a reliable source... But, if you'd do the work FIRST and post it here, we'll be happy to critique it for you.

excon

Dec 14, 2009, 09:28 AM

I just need to know where to start
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 09:32 AM

Hello again, black:

Don't you have textbook with your course?? If you don't, there are jillions of them in the library under management. If you read a few, you'll know exactly where to start.

excon

Dec 14, 2009, 09:51 AM

Any suggestions?
    Uber Member

Dec 14, 2009, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklush45 View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Hello again, black:

Yes & no, but I'm not going to offer you an easy out...

If there was ONE sure way to manage a company, somebody would write a book about it, and that would be that... But, there isn't... There are dozens and dozens of management theories, and thousands upon thousands of books about them. So, what I would do, is find out which particular theory your professor embraces, and read up on that one.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Organizational methods [ 1 Answers ]

What methods can I use to establish priorities, multi-task, meet deadlines, and ensure accuracy of my work? What methods or systems can I use to ensure that all information is gathered and accounted for and that no detail is overlooked?

Organizational culture [ 3 Answers ]

You are a manager in a large, global manufacturing and services organization. You're trying to explain to your grandfather how different your job is from his. You both know how society has changed and you want to explain how that has changed management. Go to the Discussion Board and post your...

Copyright and organizational costs [ 1 Answers ]

What is Copyright and organizational cost. I would like to know are they usually a debt or credit.

View more questions Search