Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loverboy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 01:22 AM
    Metal Music
    Anyone Metalhead out there to help me with my metal collection? Metal music is a world of it’s own, once you are in it is impossible to escape, you’ve got everything there, the lyrics, the guitars, the drums, the vocals, the album artwork etc… and I just love those metal album covers. I have just seen Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Before the Bleeding Sun cover art and It’s just too beautiful for an album cover, I’m totally in love with it.

Okay. Now about the music, my favourite band is Metallica and my hero is James Hetfield, he is just pure metal power and what comes out of his guitar gives me goose bumps and his vocals is indescribable. Here are my favourite songs, to name a few:

Master of Puppets / Blackened / Sanitarium – Metallica
    Nemesis – Arch Enemy
    Every time I die – Children of Bodom
    White Noise/ Black Silence – Dark Tranquillity
    Heaven can Wait – Gamma Ray
    Mourning Palace – Dimmu Borgir
    Number of the Beast – Iron Maiden
    Templars of Steel – HammerFall
    Pure Evil – Iced Earth

That’s just a few, there are more and one of the best slow rock songs I’ve ever heard is ‘Always will be” by HammerFall

Some of my best albums are;
    …And Justice for All / Master of Puppets – Metallica
    Night of the Storm Rider – Iced Earth
    Peace of Mind – Iron Maiden
    Back in Black – AC/DC
    Enthroned Darkness Triumphant – Dimmu Borgir
    Follow the Reaper – Children of Bodom
    Doomsday Machine – Arch Enemy

Okay the list is long. Apart from those above other listens are, MASTERPLAN, AVANTASIA, IN FLAMES, MEGADETH, SYMPHONY X, ENSIFERUM.

BORN A METALHEAD, LIVE A METAL HEAD, DIE A METAL HEAD.

So help me update my list with other good metal bands.

Cheers:)
    MJ6216 Posts: 115, Reputation: 7

Nov 13, 2006, 09:37 AM
    Are You Into Local Stuff That's Not Like In Major Stores? Cause I As Well Am A Metalhead And I Can Help You With Your Choice Of Music... especially With The Local Bands Around The Cleveland Area... because As You Know Cleveland Is One Of The Most Heaviest Cities When It Comes To Metal!! Let Me Know
    omzig Posts: 119, Reputation: 19

Nov 13, 2006, 11:12 AM
    Why not check out some classic heavy metal? Bands like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, etc. Many listeners of today's heavy metal don't even consider this metal, but it is where it all got started. Also, if you like the twin lead sound of AC/DC or Iron Maiden, what about Scorpions or Judas Priest. Diversify... My nephew and his friends are hardcore "metal heads" and listened to just about every thrash and speed metal band out there and thought they knew everything. I played them some classic metal and they loved it. I overheard one of them saying "Hey your uncle's pretty cool for an old man!" LOL
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 13, 2006, 03:50 PM
    Exactly I love rock, metal, thrash, hardcore, grunge, alternative, punk, progressive,. basically anything rock/metal. And I am a huge fan of Led Zepplein, I also like sabbath, priest etc. But honestly before you can really enjoy the music you are listening to now, you have to understand the roots upon which they developed...

Nov 14, 2006, 12:04 AM
    You guys miss the point, all those bands you have mentioned I've listen in my late teenage years.Those where the first bands I listen to, actually AC/DC was the first one I've heard almost all their albums, Deep Purple Highway Star and Iron Maiden Revelations are still some of my favourites songs. And who wouldn't know Scorpions or Black Sabbath or Judas Priest. Now I'm 36 I need new material, metal nowaways is more powerful and has a thicker sound. Try listening to scandenevian metal especially from Sweden and Finland.

Nov 14, 2006, 12:15 AM
    [QUOTE=MJ6216]Are You Into Local Stuff That's Not Like In Major Stores? Cause I As Well Am A Metalhead And I Can Help You With Your Choice Of Music... especially With The Local Bands Around The Cleveland Area... because As You Know Cleveland Is One Of The Most Heaviest Cities When It Comes To Metal!! Let Me Know[/QUO

Just let me know some of your local bands and ill see if I don't know any?
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 14, 2006, 12:46 AM
    I would suggest then for you the local market, like the other guy said, you could try search engine's like purevolume.com they have a large variety of signed/unsigned bands, and also myspace(believe it or not) has a large variety of bands out there and you can search which one's you like and dislike...
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 14, 2006, 05:41 AM
    Nightwish <3
    Leave's Eyes <33
    Bauhaus
    Dream Disciples

And if you like some variety, check out Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Purevolume.com is great for music, try urge and have a look around MySpace at the different band sites.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 14, 2006, 06:08 AM
    I agree, Nightwish is an awesome band. As well as Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
    Two of my favorite bands in recent years are Killswitch Engage and Lacuna Coil. There are tons of great bands out there, old and new.
    MJ6216 Posts: 115, Reputation: 7

Nov 14, 2006, 06:55 AM
    [QUOTE=loverboy]
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ6216
    Are You Into Local Stuff Thats Not Like In Major Stores? Cause I As Well Am A Metalhead And I Can Help You With Your Choice Of Music...especially With The Local Bands Around The Cleveland Area...because As You Know Cleveland Is One Of The Most Heaviest Cities When It Comes To Metal!!! Let Me Know[/QUO

just let me know some of your local bands and ill see if i don't know any?
    You'd like mushroomhead, chimaira, keratoma, kitchen knife conspiracy, crossbreed, in this moment, scalera, ventana, dope, as i lay dying, trivium, gwar, oh my god there is so many, and you can find them all on myspace.
    digitalbath Posts: 4, Reputation: 3

Dec 26, 2006, 06:49 PM
    Shadows Fall.

Song that made me fall in love with them: "Stepping Outside the Circle". Just everything about that song is amazing... especially since the best solo ever composed is in it!

I absolutely love that band. Check them out NOW!!
    sickguitarist24 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2007, 10:44 AM
    OK, if you lik, maiden, metallica, hammerfall, etc.
    Then some other bands you should get into are: exodus, mercyful fate, dark angel, death, venom, slayer, death angel, armored saint, megadeth, destruction, kiss, wasp, anthrax, king diamond, ozzy, quiet riot, bathory, celtic frost, exciter, dethklok, heathen, forbidden, lizzy bordem, kreator, overkill, metal church, razor, sepultura, ratt, testament, and sodom are just a few I can name right now. But the true music of pretty all bands I posted, lie in their first few albums, or basicallly in the 80's was where they're good stuff was.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metal and non metal temperature [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why metals are or appear to be colder than non metals?

Metal Roof Construction [ 8 Answers ]

A contractor is putting on a metal roof for me but I have an issue I hope someone can answer I have a hip roof(4sided roof that meets as a common peak)... The metal where the roofs meet at each of the four corners have gaps running from the bottom of my roof to the top.. They say the ridge...

Heavy Metal Band [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about a 1980's "hair" heavy metal band called Saints and Sinners. Their biggest hit was "Rip It Up" but I would like to know about their history and members.

Metal flange [ 4 Answers ]

My toilet was wobbling from side to side. We removed the toilet and found that they flange was not screwed to the floor. The flange is made out lead. Is there a way to fix the flange without having to remove the floor. Thanks

Wood or Metal framing for my basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I am in the planning stages of finishing my basement. My question is whether I should use wood or metal for the stud walls. Everything I've read indicates that metal is much easier to work with and, while researching the price of lumber and the metal studs, I discovered that there...

View more questions Search