Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wallymoose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 11:33 PM
    Immigration/marriage
    I have a friend that is married to an US citizen, but does not yet have her green card. She is involved in an abusive marriage but does not want to get a divorce or even report the abuse in fear of losing her ability to stay in the country. What are her options? If she leaves the marriage prior to the final approval, does the process end?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2006, 02:52 AM
    Does she want to keep getting abused?
    She should worry about her health.
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Nov 20, 2006, 01:08 PM
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

From the INS site:

How Do I Apply for Immigration Benefits as a Battered Spouse or Child?

Victims of domestic violence should know that help is available to them through the National Domestic Violence Hotline on 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 [TDD] for information about shelters, mental health care, legal advice and other types of assistance, including information about self-petitioning for immigration status.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

Us immigration [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir; My sister is a us citizen she sent immigration forms to his parents forms contains petions,Affidatives and other types of forms. I want to know which types of forms my parents filled she sents me I-485,Life Legalization form,I-693,G-325A, I-690,Affidavite of Support Under Section 213A...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Immigration [ 2 Answers ]

My question is this. I have a green card :o , if I marry someone who has no papers will they become legal in the US, or am I going to screw my residency. I anyone can answer this Id appreciate it, as its so damn expensive to ask this question ?

You.s. Immigration [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a permanent visa for immigrants who are financially secure but are not seeking employment or starting a business.

View more questions Search