Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irvingeorgejohnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 07:37 PM
    When dose the ten days start and what days do they count on bad check over 3500 in mo
    I have a check that I given to a car dealer two months ago and he held for me because I had no money in the account and on the 2 of dec I got a ten day letter from state of mo saying the were going to put out a warrant I have not driven the car it is sitting the funds that I was to get have not come thur what do I do at this point I don't want to go to jail
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 07:44 PM

Call and try and make payment arrangements with them, See what they will settle for if you return the car.

Normaly if you are arrested in MO, your bail bond will normally be the amount of the check at least.
    And often they will give you probation and ordered to make payments on this.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Dec 13, 2009, 07:49 PM

Fr Chuck is correct, your best bet is to be proactive at this point and open discussions with the car dealrship and the state to avoid this blowing into a bigger isue than you are interested in dealingwith. Sometimes we fool ourselves into thinking the easiest thing to do is to run away or ignore the situation. Don't IGNORE IT
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 08:12 PM

10 days normally start from either.
    Date of the post mark of the letter or date you received the letter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

60 days left till 183 count [ 1 Answers ]

Please anybody I arrived under H1B on 16 Oct 2007 and never left the U.S. My wife and son arrived in the U.S. 27 Nov. 2007. As of today (April 1st) I've counted myself 126 days of presence towards the 183 day requirement. Can I file an extension to complete the 183 days before filing 2007 Tax...

Returned check after 90 days [ 2 Answers ]

I deposited a check from my old employer on 12/8/06. It was cleared and now 70 days later it is showing returned and there taking it back out of my checking. Is this legal? I thought there was a 30 day window for returns. Please Advise!

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

401K over 60 days, but did not cash check? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm hoping to find an answer to my question here... My wife closed out her profit sharing at her old company and for reasons I won't go into, we lost the check that was sent to her, and rediscovered it 90 days later (the check was written in October). Obviously we did not cash the check. Are we...

View more questions Search