Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidmorrow@ charter.net Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 09:12 AM
    How to wire heater blower motor
    I am rewiring a Rudd Heater Blower motor. 240v 3 speed motor and I am trying to wire it. It doesn't matter how I wire it, as soon as I hit the 240v breaker by the unit the motor runs. I have even disconnected the thermostat totally and the motor runs constant. I am not an electrician.(Obviously) Just a poor slob trying to save $300.00 during christmas.
    Wiring coming from unit as follows:
    Black - High
    Red - Low
    Orange - power?

On the Blower motor (Marathon Electric X1001)
    labeled as follows:
    White - common (L1)
    Black - high (L2)
    Blue - medium ( not used)
    Red - Low

The motor that came off was a different brand and no wiring diagram and colors were slightly different.
    Can somebody point me in the right direction? I am very confused at this point. The old motor non functional. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 09:22 AM
    This might help but I think you have a 120 volt motor instead of a 240 volt motor. The white wire is a common on 120 volt motors only. Now if you can pick up a ground for that 120 volt motor you might be able to get it to work BUT you really would be better off with the correct motor.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Doc2.pdf (20.1 KB, 162 views)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 09:29 AM
    If the Marathon motor is the one you are trying to install it is probably a 120 volt motor you really need a 240 volt motor. Note you should also have brown and brown with a white tracer for the motor run capacitor. Can you post pictures of what you have now and what was there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire Furnace - Blower Motor Common Wire [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire furnace model # FG6RA 096C-12B. I purchased a humidifier to install and do not have the users guide for the furnace. I need to know which wire is the blower motor common wire. Thanks for all your help.

How to wire air duct booster fan to units blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

I plan to install a booster fan in the air duct of my house. I want to wire it to the blower in the air box so it will only come on when the main blower is running. How do I wire it?

New blower motor has no white wire [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a new blower motor and the new blower did not have a white wire. Now the blower want work at all. How can I get this to work?

Heater blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

Blower kicks on for a short time and then kicks off. It cycles repeatly, is it possibly hysterisis of the thermostat setting or furnace related? The model of our unit is: Intertherm Model 911030. It operates normally when there is a large differential between the temperature and thermostat...

View more questions Search