Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janohana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2009, 06:03 AM
    How to remove a rusted galvanized steel drain pipe
    My galvanized steel drain pipe that is 60 years old has a crack in it can this be fixed or do I have to replace it I had some one look at it and they said they could not unscrew the 18" pipe because iit was seized this pipe is the drain pipe from my sink. I had opened the wall to locate the leak. He then applied some type of epoxy and this did not work. What can I do now I am a single woman and am tight on money is there any remendy other than calling a plummer and paying the expensive fee??
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 13, 2009, 07:16 AM

Would this be the horizontal drain pipe in the wall? How's 20 bucks sound to you? Click on; Pipe and Hose Leak Repair Tape
    To find a pipe repair kit.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing galvanized steel drain pipe [ 12 Answers ]

I am truly desperate for some suggestions or reassurance concerning a plumbing issue we are having. Our home is 50 years old and the washing machine drain overflows each time we do a load of laundry. I have read your suggestions for a utility sink to act as a resivour tank but my husband doesn't...

Splicing into combo cast irion/galvinized pipe [ 3 Answers ]

My objective is to relocate the basement washer and utility sink to the wall in front of an existing wet stack and tap into the stack for drainage in my NJ home. I have 2 questions: is there a minimum height requirement from the floor to the bottom of the standpipe’s P-trap, and what is the best...

How to remove a bathroom drain pipe with popup drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am repalcing a bathroom faucet and the new one came with a replacement drain pipe. How do get the old drain pipe out of the sink? Thanks for you help Steve

Rusted drain pipe broke off, how do I fix it... [ 1 Answers ]

We were having some kitchen cabinets installed and the drain pipe the goes into the wall for the sink broke off, well part of the threads broke off inside the 45 deg. Connector inside the wall. I can see the 45 deg connector and it looks fine and so does the pipe inside the wall, we removed the...

Shower drain rusted unable to remove, help. [ 3 Answers ]

I've looked at the WingTite shower drain instructions and they seem pretty much clear. Before I proceed I would like to know if these steps will work on my drain because before I found their website I tried to remove the drain by gaining access from the bottom of the shower and could not. I found...

View more questions Search