Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    *Abby* Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Can an 18 year old have sex with a 15 year old
    He's my boyfriend, but he's not 18 yet, he'll be 18 in just 2 days. I turn 16 in 3 months. We've had sex before about a year ago, but since then I've been holding off. But now I want to, but not within the next two days. He doesn't ever ask me about it or try to pressure me into it either. But today I asked him about it, and he didn't want to give me a straight answer, but said he didn't think it would be a very good idea if we waited and he turns 18. So would it be legal or not? If not, then what about us waiting 3 months for me to turn 16?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 09:18 PM

No, he would ( actually already is since he already had sex with you) be a rapist, and could go to jail.

And where do you live, at 16 it is still illegal in many states in the US.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 09:18 PM
    Hi, *Abby*!

Are you located in the United States? If so, which state, please?

Thanks!

Dec 13, 2009, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, *Abby*!

Are you located in the United States? If so, which state, please?

Thanks!
    Yes we live in Maryland
    Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 08:39 AM

Sadly you can legally have sex with him when you are 16.
    I am sure your parents will be thrilled.

Dec 13, 2009, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Sadly you can legally have sex with him when you are 16.
    I am sure your parents will be thrilled.
    Oh Cool :)

And no they won't... r u being sarcastic?
    Thanks for answering anyway.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by *Abby* View Post
    Oh Cool :)

Cool? Was that really your response? So, I assume you are ready to be a parent, right.
    Expert

Dec 13, 2009, 04:13 PM

Yep, and assume you are using birth control pills and will use a condom but even after that, there are still chances of pregnancy.

And of course that the chances of him staying with you for 2 more years is very slim since as you both mature you both will be changing.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 13, 2009, 04:20 PM

NO ONE should be engaging in sexual intercourse unless they are financially, emotionally and physically ready to have a child. You don't seem to qualify under any of those criteria.

I suspect your boyfriend realizes this and that's why he's backed off.

But if you are going to be stupid and immature about this, at least make sure you have as much protection as you can get. Go to Planned Parenthood and get educated, protected and make sure your boyfriend uses condoms.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2009, 06:11 PM

Your boyfriend already is a sex offender. If you're old enough to have sex you're old enough to type in full words. Please don't use text speak on the legal boards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRS response to FICA withheld for spouse (F1) last year & Filing jointly this year [ 4 Answers ]

Your Question Was: Dear Sir Madam I am a Resident alien for tax purposes for 2008. My wife is a Nonresident alien (F1 visa) for 2008. We have decided to take the choice of filing jointly and treat her as a Resident alien for tax purposes. Her FICA taxes were not withheld during 2008. In the IRS...

Early Term 2 year Lease Agreement >1 year left [ 2 Answers ]

Last year I signed a 2 year agreement so rent wouldn't go up anymore. Had enough in savings to last the 2 years as long as I was working; however, with this economy have been out of work since November 2008... What are my rights if any in Florida being a single mom without any help to get out of...

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

View more questions Search