Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tbrown910 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Will California extradite someone from Florida on felony probation violation?
    I know someone with a probation violation who now has a warrant. They don't have the money to go through the legal process right now so what states can they be safe from being extradited from until they can get the money to resolve the problem?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 01:23 PM

Florida has no choice if California chooses to. They have the right to if they want to.
    And there is no real legal process since extradition is almost automatic within states. All they have to do is be willing to pay the transportation costs.

But what will happen if you are stopped you will be held pending California deciding if they are going to or not.

And you can be stopped and held every time they stop you since the warrant always stays open.

So there is no for sure answer, if the felony was not overly serious and what was the violation ? It all matters, and also did your case make any news headlines, that puts pressure on bringing you back,

Was there a victim of the original felony that may be putting pressure on a DA

Is it a election year for the DA or judge to make them want to "get tough on crime"

Or even somewhat more funny and I have seen this happen, you get stopped in the middle of the night and some low level person in charge that night has to make the judgement call, and so on.

So can they yes, will they in my opinion, no, but it can happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extradite for probation violation [ 5 Answers ]

How close does someone need to be to extradited back to western nc for misdemeanor probation violation because I assume there is NO statue of limitations on this probation violation warrant

Will Tennessee extradite on violation of felony probation? [ 5 Answers ]

I have served 3 years 4 months of a 4 year sentence. I received a travel permit to Alabama when my dad died and did not return to Tennessee. Will they come get me? I am almost 700 miles away from where I am on probation.

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Violation of felony probation [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is on probation for a felony and now they sent him a letter saying that his probation is being summarily revoked and has to appear for arraignment... what I'm wondering is if he'll go to jail or if they'll just restart his probation (because it's only they first time he's ever violated...

Felony Violation of Felony Probation [ 7 Answers ]

I live in New York state, and this past week, my boyfriend, who is on Felony probation (and has already went through 1 out of 5 years) for criminal mischief, overdosed on heroin. He was caught with 2 bags of herion on him when the EMT and Police came. He then attempted to eat them so that he...

View more questions Search