Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissGignac Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2009, 10:42 AM
    I cant dance
    Ok so I can't dance. And I really mean I can not dance, its like my body doesn't know how to move more then one body part at a time. I try to learn a dance and my body just can't do the moves, I can't seem to move like the dancers do. Even the most easy dances I can't seem to learn, I don't believe that someone can't learn to dance, but I guess I might be my own exception. Please if anyone has any helpful ideas, links, hints to learn how to move my body like a dancer. PLEASE HELP!

If anyone has any easy dance choreographs (that I can actually use) please send me the link or explain how to do the dance! Thanks again!

Pop star dances like, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Britney Spears, ext...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 10:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissGignac View Post
    Please if anyone has any helpful ideas, links, hints to learn how to move my body like a dancer. PLEASE HELP!!
    Hello Miss:

Ok, you can't dance... But, how are you at making love?? Don't laugh... THOSE moves, are what dancers start with. They just do it to music.

Maybe you don't have any rhythm. Put on some good rock and roll. Turn the bass up LOUD. Whenever you hear the BOMP of the bass, your hip should be in the same place each time.

It ain't much, but it's the best dance lesson I can give over the internet.

excon
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2009, 10:59 AM
    lie down on the couch.. no TV on nothing but some music you like,something with a beat..

close your eyes..
    and wait...

feel the beat, let your foot move to the beat, then your hand..

stand up... and sway in time...

there's the basics..

don't forget,your body has a natural rhythm.
    once you can hear the beat and move to it,you can try other moves.

just one more thing.. dancing is not a skill,its an expression.
    MissGignac Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Dec 12, 2009, 12:30 PM

Thanks everyone!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Hi, MissGignac!

What kind or kinds of dancing is it that you want to be able to do, please? You've already received some helpful advice here, but knowing how to dance depends on the type of music to which you want to dance. Not all music has specific beats to "tune" into with your body. But instead, might involve a rhythmic innovation to which the moves are made.

In most cases, rhythm and beat aren't the same thing and, depending on the type of music, don't always coincide.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dance Studios - more empahsis on dance or business [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding dance studios. I would like a sincere answer from someone who either owns or knows someone well who does own their own dance studio. It has been my experience that studios will put more emphasis on business rather than dance. The reason for this is I have seen good...

What dance dance revolutiondo I buy for PS2. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there are so many different dance dance revolutions for ps2 that I don't now what one to buy?I want to know witch one is the best.

Need name of Line Dance - Not a Country Line Dance [ 1 Answers ]

HELP ~ I was out last night for my Birthday and did a new line dance and LOVED THE SONG, however I remember nothing about the song. I know it is kind of a slow R&B sounding song and the line dance goes something like this. Step left 4 or 5 times, then to the right. Then you tap your heal...

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

View more questions Search