7197 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Ex felon programs, tx
    Ex felon programs, jobs, grants in tx
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 10:56 AM

Hello 7:

If it were only that easy... But it ain't. Nope, it's going to take legwork. I don't know of any programs that help felons. There aren't any grants either.

Bummer for us.

excon
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:24 PM
    Hi, 7197!

I don't know about Texas, but around where I live and in the Chicago, IL area, there's an organization that's called the Safer Foundation. Below, is the link for them. They help people who have records to re-enter society.

Home - Safer Foundation

If you contact them, they might be able to get you in touch with an organization around where you are. If there's one organization, then it stands to reason that there must be other, similar ones, in this country.

Also, since you're looking to find employment possibilities, most temp places that I know of test their applicants for various office skills as well as industrial knowledge and safety. So, you might want to also consider looking into the temp agencies.

I wish and hope for only the best for you!

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 01:47 PM

There may be local programs though churches or non profits. Normally there are no grants for them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

Pregnant felon living with another felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a felon live with another felon if his girlfriend is pregnant with his kid!! Her felony is 4 years old!!

Must Have/Useful Programs [ 66 Answers ]

I thought it would be a good idea to get a list of useful programs that we could keep here. If a mod comes across this - could you sticky it please. It would be quite helpful. I'm bound to have missed some programs, so if there is some that you think should be on this list - post here or PM me...

How to change rar programs into zip programs [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to ask how can I change the rar files into a zip files in my PC and then move then to my phone because my phone is not accepting any rar file and I would like to download some programs as the unidictionary and a recorder without peeb so please help meeeeeeeee.

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

View more questions Search