Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    (*_*) Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 04:19 AM
    Contraceptive pill
    I was thinking of going on the pill and found out that if you are on it and throw up it's useless. I was wondering how long after taking a pill would it be OK to throw up and not have any changes to the effects of it.
    Some of the side effects of the pill worry me too like mood swings, acne and weight gain. Is there little chance of any of these side effects occurring? Or do most women experience some side effect?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2009, 02:16 PM

Well sure! Almost anything is useless after you puke it up. I'm curious as to why you would want to know how long you can wait before you can throw up? Is throwing up a daily ordeal for you?

Most women don't experience all of the side-effects of oral contraceptive. But some of the ones you listed above, in addition to nausea, headache, bloating, weight gain, and bleeding between periods, should pretty much be expected. The most common being irregular bleeding, and weight-gain. (also, if you take the pill on an empty stomach, you can end up with nausea or vomiting.) It can take up to 3 months for the pill to stop causing side-effects.

If you are concerned about the pill, why not talk to a doctor about it, or consider the alternatives.. However, almost any form of contraceptive (aside from abstainence) has the risk of side-effects. I'm unaware of any birth-control that doesn't run those risks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which contraceptive pill is best for me? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was looking into getting on the pill for many reasons. Firstly, I am sexually active which is the main reason for it and also because I have relatively bad skin around my T-zones and I get extremely bad period pain. I was wondering if any body know which one is the best? And if there's any...

Contraceptive pill [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm on the contraceptive pill and I wonder whether it mattered if I took the pill an hour late than usual. I usually take it at ten but because of the clocks going back I've been taking them at nine instead. But for the past two days I forgot and took them at ten instead does this matter or...

Contraceptive Pill [ 1 Answers ]

I have been off the contraceptive pill for a few months and would like to go back on it, usually I have to take it on the first day of my period when restaring again. Mine are never regular and wondered if anyone knows that if I start to take it again anyway it will still work?? Thanks!

Contraceptive Pill [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I take the contraceptive pill Levlen, which is the 28-day packet, containing 7 'sugar' pills. Just wondering, because the doctors say when you first start taking this it takes a few weeks for the contraceptive to be fully effective so you should use condoms, but does this also occur...

View more questions Search