Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonto08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 09:57 PM
    2001 pontiac grand am security light
    My car started backfiring the trac off light was on then started running like crap and backfirin and the security light comes on , what the heck. Now it won't start
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 06:59 AM

Security light? Or Service Engine Soon?
    If your car is running poorly, the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) will store a fault code related to that fault. When it does, the Trac Off light will come on because the system cannot properly function with an engine problem.
    Many auto parts retailers can check your system for stored codes and offer solutions for your vehicle.
    Once the fault is addressed and the codes cleared, the Trac Off light should go out as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turn off oil light on 2001 pontiac grand am [ 2 Answers ]

Turn off oil light on pontiac grand am

Where do I find the thermostat on a 2001 pontiac grand am 2.4 [ 1 Answers ]

I need to change the thermostat on my 2001 pontiac grand am 2.4, need to find it as well as any tips on the changing of it would be great... thank you

Pontiac grand am 2001 4 cy not starting [ 4 Answers ]

This has been an intermittant problem engine goes dead then cranks up this time drove home parked overnite will turn over but will not run need help badly

Turn off change oil light 2001 pontiac grand am [ 2 Answers ]

How do I turn off the change oil light on a 2001 pontiac grand am.

2001 Pontiac Grand Am 2.4 [ 2 Answers ]

Just recently I noticed that when I turn my vechicle off, the door chime remains on. I tried taking out some fuses that I believed would be for the door chime, but to no avail. Because of the constant dinging, my battery is dead, and once I jump the car, the chiming still remains on, and once...

View more questions Search