Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lezlie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Electric furnace fan won't start in auto
    I don't know the model of the unit but it is electric and is at least 15 years old. It has a RiteTemp thermostat. In the auto mode the blower will not turn on, it makes noise, but won't go. If I turn it to the on position it blows cold air. If I switch it back to auto after a few minutes in on it will eventually turn on. Then it runs for a few minutes to get up to temp and turns off, then turns back on in about 2 minutes and runs for 2 minutes and turns off again.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 09:11 PM

You need to call a repairperson and check to see which component has burned out or is just about to burn out. The problem is only going to get worse not better or suddenly clear itself up. It sounds like a relay or a capacitor is going bad. Easy part once you know which one it is to change out.
    Lezlie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 09:47 PM

Thanks, now to convince the management company of the apartment complex to get it looked at.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 11, 2009, 10:19 PM
    If the temperature in your unit drops below a perscribed temperature usually set by the local board of health then if management fails to fix your furnace call the board of health and they will get action for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower can not auto start [ 29 Answers ]

I have a problem with my furnace blower not starting automatically. It works good when I swiched the fan option to "ON", the furnace was burning and fan was running. However if I pick "AUTO", only the furnace burns periodicaly, and the fan totall gets stuck. I am wondering if it is a wiring...

Furnace blower fan runs intermitedly [ 8 Answers ]

I have an older temco wall furnace. My problem is that the blower motor fan runs off and on. It will run few seconds then shut off few seconds. Sometimes it will make a longer run but never runs a full cycle to bring room up to temp. Set thermostat to run longer cycle and didn't help. It has a...

Furnace won't start when thermostat in Auto mode [ 3 Answers ]

Combination electric heat/a.c. unit works fine in "on" position. Fan switch works fine. Won't work in auto. White-Rodgers mercury style thermostat. Do I just need to replace thermostat?

Electric furnace mobile home won't come on [ 13 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm electric furnace model E2EB-015HB new in 2002 in a mobile home. The blower comes on when I put thermostat to "On Ventilate" but the heating unit will not come on when thermostat raised. This is the kind that has the heat come on for about 4 -5 seconds, then turns off for...

LENNOX Furnace fan won't SHUT off? Won't come on on AUTO? [ 33 Answers ]

Lennox G12Qe series 1986... furnace lights and if I wire blower up to constant power will work.. but blows luke warm air out... Any ideas... blower will not come on unless I hook up constant to it..

View more questions Search