Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilovegreatdanes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 12:20 PM
    Sales contract
    I am thinking about entering into a land contract with the landlord of the property I am currently renting right now. As renters we are not allowed to have pets, at first he said that we could have them after we sign the contract, but all of a sudden he has changed his mind and says that he doesn't want us to have them even after we sign, does he have the right to say this? We have not signed the contract yet, but does it have to clearly say what we can have and can't have on it (as in we are allowed or not allowed to have the pets)?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2009, 12:29 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

In a contract for deed you do not own the property until the contract is completed. So the owner can make any restrictions they feel will protect the property. But those restrictions DO have to be written into the contract.

On the other hand, if the contract is not specific, but your original lease stated no pets, I would not assume I would win in court if the contract doesn't specify.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retail Installment Sales Contract for Used Vehicle [ 6 Answers ]

Can you tell me if a buy here pay here used car sales dealer in Florida can create their own retail installment sales contract with their own terms or do they have to follow the federal guidelines/verbiage?

Need to get out of sales contract [ 2 Answers ]

I see what your saying, however, I'm in a bit of a predicament. I signed a contract on this condo that I was more than willing to go through with. I also had the necessary funds for down payment and loan. The problem is my job will begin laying off a few hundred workers in the next three months. I...

Sales Contract [ 1 Answers ]

I recently entered into a Sales Contract a man approached me and wanted to buy my home. The man gave me a sales contract I signed it and a copy of an Earnest Deposit Check uncashed or deposited. I recently contacted the Title Insurance Company that he said he was using and the Title Company told...

Sales contract and inspection period issue [ 13 Answers ]

Hi all. My wife and I entered into a sales contract with a seller of a home in Kansas. Within the set 10 day inspection period we had an inspector come and do a full home inspection. There were numerous unacceptable conditions with the property that we weren't comfortable with so we signed and...

View more questions Search