Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TRCWA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 06:44 AM
    Just beentold my little dog has diabetes and she is not eating what can I do ?
    I have a Rat Terrier with diabetes. I just brought her home to try to get her to eat. The vet offered her all kinds of foods, I went in twice to try to get her to eat, on the second time she ate a few bites of chicken and steak. But since I got her home she has not eaten anything. Brought her home yesterday.Do you have any ideals?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TRCWA View Post
    I have a Rat Terrier with diabetes. I just brought her home to try to get her to eat. The vet offered her all kinds of foods, I went in twice to try to get her to eat, on the second time she ate a few bites of chicken and steak. But since I got her home she has not eaten anything. Brought her home yesterday.Do you have any ideals?

I had a diabetic German Shepherd - the Vet put her on a special dog food and that was what she ate, no matter what she wanted. It is very important to control your dog's blood sugar (as you know) and I'm surprised that she isn't on some type of "control" dog food.

Is she on insulin injections or the pills and how often do you take her blood sugar level?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are you eating before you were diagnose with t2 diabetes and your lifestyle [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I just want to start a topic regarding what were you eating before, your lifestyle, your age , nationality... myself, I remember eating lots of the following, jasmine rice, fatty food, take away foods, canned goods, condiments, ice creams, and ill list down some more as soon as I remember them....

Eating sugar diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

I am worried about getting diabetes. I eat a lot of sugar and wasn't sure whether too much sugar causes diabetes? I am not fat and there isn't a history of diabetes in my family, but I am v worried. Will too much sugar cause diabetes? Is artificial sweetener going to cause diabetes?

Do I have diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

What are the best signs to determine whether you have diabetes? It runs in my family and I don't know what symptoms to be looking out for to determine if I do. I am worried that someday I'm going to end up in the hospital because I was unaware of the possibility that I may have diabetes. What...

Pre diabetes [ 2 Answers ]

I just found out that I have pre diabetes what can I do to prevent the real diabetes? What can and cannot eat? Or any other tips

View more questions Search