Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    westy49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Separate flange from drain
    I'm trying to install a new drain to a bathroom sink.

The old one stunk, the stopper would not function easily, and was marked from numerous plumbing emergencies over 30 years.

I've got the pivot rod off, the tailpiece disconnected and out of the way, the lock nut is loose.

I can't get the drain to unscrew from the flange. The flange just turns. What now?
    westy49 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by westy49
    I'm trying to install a new drain to a bathroom sink.

The old one stunk, the stopper would not function easily, and was marked from numerous plumbing emergencies over 30 years.

I've got the pivot rod off, the tailpiece disconnected and out of the way, the lock nut is loose.

I can't get the drain to unscrew from the flange. The flange just turns. What now?
    A little time with "Plumbing" a Time Life Home Repair and Improvement book, sent me back to the lavatory with a pair of channel lock plyers. The admonition "don't be afraid to bend the flange" was all I needed. The old drain is off, the new on, and water running with no leaks. :-)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 12, 2006, 03:59 PM
    Congratulations! (sounds of hands clapping)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When/how to separate mother from kittens [ 1 Answers ]

My cat had kittens about 8 weeks ago. She hid them in a in the basement and they didn't have any light or human contact. I have brought them upstairs and put them in a pack and play. They are very timid but except for one they will let me handle them. Is there anything else I should do besides...

One thermostat for separate Heat and A/C systems [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a mobile home with a forced air natural gas furnace and a totally separate single package air conditioner unit with its own fan/compressor/condenser. The systems share nothing execpt the duct work and each have their own thermostats. Question - Can I buy a single heat/cool...

Flange over drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove the flange from the toilet drain pipe? Thank you Mary

Pvc drain flange [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm remodeling a shower and after putting in the shower I realized I forgot to use the fiber gasket.Do I have to rip the shower back out?:o

Duplex separate meter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question I just bought a converted dupex but the house just has one electrical panel and the previous owner just paid for the electricity. I want to change that so that each apartment has it own panel and meter. Now I wanted to find out if I were to separate the wires at the panel and...

View more questions Search