Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Visrn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2009, 04:40 PM
    Furnace warm but no heat blowing
    My furnace is a gas hot air furnace. The furnace feels warm to the touch, and the heat pipe from the furnace is very warm, but the blower is not coming on no matter how I set the thermostat. Is it likely the blower motor or the thermostat? I can feel that the baseboard heater in the bathroom is warm, the one in the living room (much larger) does not feel warm at all.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 07:35 PM

If your blower is not working after a call for heat or if you turn the fan switch to on at the thermostat it's a good chance your blower is bad. With out more info its hard to say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace still not blowing warm air after reset [ 2 Answers ]

We have the Carrier 9200 gas heat/cool unit (indoor). We followed the reset instructions and the fan is blowing but we're still getting cool air. What causes it to blow out only cool air and not warm? What else can we do. Again, our home is mainly gas and our oven works fine. I tested the Air...

Gas Furnace not blowing warm air [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier 9200 natural gas heat/air unit. The control box upstairs says HEAT and Heat ON but nothing is coming out of the vents. When we turn the FAN on, it blows out cold air but no heat. I have run the unit w/o the fan so I don't run up the elec bill... is there a RESET switch we can...

Furnace isn't blowing warm air! [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is turning on every minute, running for a minute, and then shutting down. The air that is blowing out is simply lukewarm, and is not coming out of every vent. I have the thermostat set at 72, but it isn't above 66 in the house. It's a Trane gas furnace. Any suggestions? Thanks a...

Apartment furnace blowing warm air on fan only [ 1 Answers ]

Could I have caused a problem with the hot water solenoid with my thermostat installation? (Furnace seems to function correctly, except for my concern that fan only temps are sometimes a little warm.) And, if the solenoid is stuck in open, or partly open, is this a minor problem that can be...

Furnace blowing not warm air [ 3 Answers ]

We just moved into a single story Ranch house about a month ago and have noticed that the furnace runs for very long periods and furnace blowing only very cool air. Kind of like a spring day. We looked at the board and switched the fan from hi to low and the vents now blow out a little warmer...

View more questions Search