Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 03:32 PM
    Cat hair is everywhere!
    I have 2 adorable Maine coons. I brush them often, but they always seem to have matts in their hair. I try to cut out the matts but new ones appear just days later. I feel awfull because it must be painful. Also, they shed everywhere! Is there anyway I can stop the fur from matting, aside from a brushing everyday? And also is there any easy way to clean up a cat hair on a global scale, and keep it clean?
    Merylcat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2009, 08:18 PM

Sorry, I don't really know how to get rid of a lot of cat hair at once. I have two cats, and I use tape to get it off my clothes.. :(
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2009, 08:26 PM

What kind of brushes/combs are you using?

I use rolling combs for my poodles, they are a comb where each individual tooth rotates in the base, it makes getting the matts out easier and less painful.

Google Image Result for http://www.theuntangler.com/info/rotate.gif

Other than that you can try oiling them but I don't know how much a cat would like being bathed every week or so to get the oil out
    juliallakin12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2010, 08:09 PM
    The best way to get rid of mats and hair every were is to give them a bath EVEN if they hate water! Use Altra Hair Shampoo it will take atlest 2 hours to make the hair strong and full so never brush His/Her hair and to cure the mats it to use some better food and if they puke because of it get them a tube of this antipuke stuff it looks like tooth paste and it will help really WELL! I tried it on all my patients cat.

Your vet online,
    Susan Shepord
    malixminor Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2010, 11:21 PM

I find a great way to reduce shedding is to put them on a really good diet. Like Royal Canin or this brand called by Nature.. My cat shed A lot when I got her, but when I changed her diet to that by Nature (vet recommendation) she didn't shed hardly at all. Then she had to get on a prescription diet from Royal Canin and still doesn't really shed. But she also is NOT a long hair, so of course they'll still need lots of brushing.. etc. Good luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyed my hair lighter blonde ,it turned to orange how do I get my old hair color backk [ 7 Answers ]

I wanted to dye my hair to a lighter blonde but it turned out orange how do I get my normal hair color back?!

Completely messed up hair colour:( How do I get rid of red tones in dark brown hair? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay first of all, I cannot go to a hairdresser. I have social anxiety disorder and agoraphobia which prevents me from doing a lot of things in public. Please tell me what I can do at home. My hair is naturally medium ash brown. I dyed it black awhile ago. I waited for it to grow out a bit and then...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Black hair to lighter hair.this is a long story, take heed first time dyers! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, here goes. I'm not a professional hair colourist, but I am a long standing veteran of home hair colour - I've had my hair all colours, all lengths, all styles and at the moment it's jet black. I've broken all the cardinal rules of hair colouring, and I can safely say that it's too much of a...

Looking For children's Book 'The Fat Cat' [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to track down a children's picture book that I read as a child in the 80s. I can't remember the author, or specific title.. but it was something along the line of 'The Fat Cat' or 'The Hungry Cat'. I'm fairly sure it was published by penguin. The story followed the lines of a cat eating...

View more questions Search