Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1415princessp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2009, 11:02 AM
    Domestic violence AND false charges AND nc
    Okay if someone (exwife) goes to the police station and files charges against their ex husband. Saying that they are scared of this person when ALL that took place was a heated phone conversation regarding their child. Can they charge the guy with Domestic Violence when there were no threats made during that conversation... well actually I'm not asking if this can happen but how _a friend of mine is going through exactly this! He was arrested and charged with D.Violence... UNREAL how the system is one sided someone please give me any advise to help him out thanks
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1415princessp View Post
    okay if someone (exwife) goes to the police station and files charges against their ex husband. Saying that they are scared of this person when ALL that took place was a heated phone conversation reguarding their child. Can they charge the guy with Domestic Violence when there were no threats made during that conversation.....well actually i'm not asking if this can happen but how _a friend of mine is going through exactly this! He was arrested and charged with D.Violence....UNREAL how the system is one sided someone please give me any advise to help him out thanks
    What did he say exactly? What did she tell the police that he said?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 04:42 PM

Can they, well they did, so I guess they can.

But they have no evidence so the DA should have to dismiss it.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 04:47 PM

For one thing you have no idea unless it really was you what was said on the phone. So it could be true and it could be that threats were made or implied. At this point we just don't know.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 10, 2009, 04:59 PM

Are you sure he was charged? Was he arraigned? If the wife swore out a complaint, the police have to act on it. But before they charge and/or arraign him, they will need to have more proof then just her word on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic violence [ 2 Answers ]

By law, do I still have to testify against my boyfriend if we get married.

Domestic violence charges? [ 2 Answers ]

I was living in Colorado in 2005 with a roommate,I moved Back to Utah to be with my family And she was mad that I moved,I then eventually moved back to Washington I am now disabled and went to apply for disability and they told me that I have a 3rd degree domestic violence charge? I had no...

Domestic violence [ 3 Answers ]

Look my boyfriend went to jail got a 100 thousand dollar bail for domestic violence, came home 2 days later to his moms where he is now. What I want to know is when I go to court I am going to tell the truth I just don't want him to go to jail or be fined because we have a newborn together. What...

False allegation of Domestic Violence [ 6 Answers ]

I was recently charged with domestic violence. I think the whole thing is ridiculous as I got into an argument with my girlfriend that could have been avoided. The state is very strict with these laws. I think there were mistakes on both sides, but they chose to remove me from my apartment. My...

View more questions Search