Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 12:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursa Maior View Post
    Thank you very much Clough for the info, OK so we know the title of the ad. What next ? Do we need a better ad or just copy and paste my old ad?

Thanks!
    If you're going to compete with the cleaning and maid services that operate in the larger vicinities, you're going to need to use similar words to what they use as well as variations on them in addition to keywords that you create that are unique.

It's easier to be on the first page if you operate in a smaller vicinity, because there are less choices for the search engines to find.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:00 AM
    If they really want to know about you, they can contact you and/or go to your website. Your old ad is great for your website and also some other sites that I'll mention shortly...
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:05 AM
    Here's a few links to searches for where I'm competing with the entire community area in which I live for Christmas exposure.

Link One

Link Two

There's lots of competition, but I still make it to the first page in the searches.
    Ursa Maior Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 01:10 AM

OK I have the idea, of course I will need a bit of time to do it but before I start I would like to ask you a couple things if you don't mind.

Should I use one location per one ad or I can use multiple locations in the same ad?

How long is the ad has to be? Any limits from the advertising sites or no?

Thanks !

Dec 12, 2009, 01:15 AM
    I do have another ad that is not complete ( still working on) , just wonder if I could somehow show to you . To see what you think.
    Thanks !

Dec 12, 2009, 01:21 AM

Yes I can see what you mean, I just have to spend more time and study the topic before I come up with my ad. Plus my English is not so great like yours but I will do my best.

Thanks for all your tips.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:22 AM
    OK I have the idea, of course I will need a bit of time to do it but before I start I would like to ask you a couple things if you don't mind.

Should I use one location per one ad or I can use multiple locations in the same ad?

How long is the ad has to be? Any limits from the advertising sites or no?

Thanks !
    You can use multiple locations in any ad that you post. If you do a simple one like I wrote, with a few additional things from you, based upon the same ideas that I posted, you will get excellent exposure.

Some advertising sites have limits to the length of an ad concerning the number of words or characters.

With a very few sites, you'll need to really abbreviate things to get your point across.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:26 AM
    I do have another ad that is not complete ( still working on) , just wonder if I could somehow show to you . To see what you think.

Thanks !
    If you put it into an Excel spreadsheet and attach it to a post, people will only be able to find and see it by clicking on it. There are limits to the sizes of attachments here.

Also, it's obvious that you want to be really thorough in your ads. That's commendable but not all that necessary in order to just get the word out there about what you do, where you do it.

If you would still post a simple ad on hoobly.com tonight, to see about the exposure that it gets, you can always change it later.

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2009, 01:29 AM

Thanks again, so can you give me like a day or two to get my ad done and I come back to you for you opinion/approval?

Is getting late and I don't want to take yours whole night.

Dec 12, 2009, 01:33 AM
    Attach to post by using "insert image"?

Thanks !
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:36 AM
    Click on "Go Advanced" and you'll see a little paper clip on which to click.

Dec 12, 2009, 01:44 AM

OK I see it now , I will have to download the Excel program on my computer ( since I just replaced my HD) and I will be ready to do so. Can we set up time for another day to continue this project? What would work best for you?

Thanks !
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:48 AM
    I'm usually around after 11:00 P.M. your time. But, tomorrow night, I need to get to bed fairly early so I can get up to play for church. I'm sure that I can be on for awhile, though.

I just now posted a new hoobly.com ad. I'm hoping that it will start showing up in the first page of a Google search within minutes. If you can wait just a few more minutes, it should start showing up... At least I hope that it does!

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2009, 01:52 AM

Thanks , I will be on tomorrow as well then. I can wait a few minutes np, what is the title of the new ad?
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:56 AM
    I'll provide the link to the search, once it shows up. At least I hope that it shows up! I forgot that I already placed a similar ad on that site. If they don't catch it, it should show up.

The similar ad is on the bottom of the first page of the search.

Link

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 01:57 AM
    Here is the link. It appeared at the top of the search on the first page only one minute ago!

Link
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 02:02 AM
    I'm so happy with that, that I wanted to post an image of it here! :)

Name:  Painting and Decorating Ad - Use.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  83.5 KB

Dec 12, 2009, 02:05 AM

Very Very impressive , simple and effective.

Thanks again and I will be back tomorrow around 11 PM.

Dec 12, 2009, 02:06 AM
    Hmmm, very cool.

Thanks !
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 02:12 AM
    Yes, hoobly.com is what I would consider to be the way to start. Almost immediate results. There is the possibility that you could get the same results.

I've been doing this Internet advertising thing for, I think about four years now. I've explored many, many sites on which to advertise. Many get excellent exposure in searches, whereas some simply do not. For some of the sites, you have to actually go to the site to find anything.

I do wish you a very pleasant and peaceful sleep, and I'll be back on here tomorrow night.

I'm looking forward to it! :)

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer will not stay loaded and I can not download anything from internet [ 6 Answers ]

My computer did some updates a couple days ago and since then internet explorer will not stay up it closes down. I cannot download anything to find out what is wrong. Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

View more questions Search