Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ursa Maior Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2009, 11:02 PM

Yes this is my site, how did you do the link?

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:06 PM
    I used the tool in message box here. It looks like a little ball that is blue with something on it. First you type the word that will replace the link, highlight it in the textbox and then include the entire link by clicking on the little blue thing.

Dec 11, 2009, 11:07 PM
    I am back np please go to Hartford CL in CT , household services. Please look for... Maid Service House Cleaning Windsor. This is the last ad I have posted.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:08 PM
    Please give me a minute to do that. My computer might be messing up again.

Thanks!

Dec 11, 2009, 11:10 PM
    I asked just in case. Good to know.

Thanks !

Dec 11, 2009, 11:11 PM
    No problem , please take your time. I am here.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:16 PM
    Okay, I found it and copied it so that hopefully, my computer won't backfire on me again..

What's missing are a whole bunch of keywords in the ad that could show up when people do searches. Plus, most of the information that you've posted there can be found on your website, if I'm not mistaken. So, the key thing to do is to concentrate on the keywords to use for search terms in your ads.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Since you're not a member of Everything from Everywhere (hoobly.com), would you please join it and let me know, on this thread, when you have joined it, please? You would use your other browser or tab in order to do that.

The goal is to get you on the first page in a google.com search, and, that might even happen yet, tonight! Hoobly.com ads, if worded correctly, can frequently appear on the first page in a search within minutes.

Dec 11, 2009, 11:24 PM

OK , so those keywords on top and bottom of my ad is not enough. You must be talking about keywords in the content of the ad. Is that right?

Dec 11, 2009, 11:27 PM
    Just give me a min or two and I will join it no problem. I will let you know as soon as I am done.

Thanks.
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:31 PM
    Yes, the content of the ad...

An ad placed on the free advertising sites is kind of like posting a resume. You want to draw them to the ad, have them be able to spend a little time reading it, and if they're interested, they'll contact you and/or visit your website.

You do have a really nice website, by the way!

Here is a link to a search using the title keywords of your ad.

Link

Are you on the first page of the search anywhere? You do have a lot of competition, but in time you should be able to be the dominant one.

Did you join hoobly.com?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 11:44 PM
    Here are some links to searches for what I do, where I do it. Or, just me and what I do. If you study how I've worded my ads, you'll get an idea as to how to word yours.

Link One

Link Two

Link Three

Link Four

Link Five

The one called "Absolute", is me. You don't always have to use the same name for your business for what you advertise in order to get noticed.

Link Six

Thanks!

Dec 11, 2009, 11:46 PM

OK so yes I have joined the hoobly.com and thank you for the advice. Yes I know I have a lot of competition and that is why I am asking for help from someone like you. You are the best of the best and I would just love to learn a bit from you if you don't mind. Now , yes I am on first page in some small towns like Wethersfield Ct if you type " maid service Wethersfield , CT my ad pop up on first page . My problem is that I am located in small town ( Glastonbury) and I have to advertise in more towns in order to have good amount of leads.

Dec 11, 2009, 11:50 PM
    I have opened those links , very nice and this is what I am looking for. I have seen on one of them ( might be link five) you are on Google map... what it takes to get there?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 12:02 AM
    Thanks for the complement! It's much appreciated! :)

I have a lot to learn...

Now, you're getting the idea as to how people do searches for things...

Let's work on a hoobly.com ad. Okay?

If you click on the following searches, you'll find keywords that others are using that you can also use in your ads. Typically, the keywords that others use are just tags on the websites or in the texts of the ads. If there isn't the name of the business in them, there should be no problem in using them, espeicially if you don't group a large number of them together that might be exactly like another business has done.

Link One

Link Two

Link Three

Link Four
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 12:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursa Maior View Post
    I have opened those links , very nice and this is what I am looking for. I have seen on one of them ( might be link five) you are on google map........what it takes to get there?

Thanks!
    Are you asking about the "Absolute" one or another one, please?

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2009, 12:15 AM

OK so yes I know how more or less how people do searches I did SEO for my website by myself . It works perfectly for Glastonbury, l.o.l but as I said I have to reach more than one town. What would you like me to do about the ad for hoobly.com ?

Yes I was asking about " Ablsoulte".

Lets work on the hoobly.com
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 12:30 AM
    I'm sorry! My computer "threw-up" again! Needed to restart.

The "Absolute" one was because I was in the Yellow Pages of one of the local phone books. However, in the past few days, I've discovered that it's free to join Google Maps. So, not only do I have the "Absolute" with them, another one that's about the same service. I just joined them with other ads a couple of days ago. Google will actually call you to verify who you are. Or, you can opt to receive a postcard from them.

I'm no longer in the phone books because I get much more business from the advertising on the Internet that I do for free.

Here is the link to join Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...hl=en-US&gl=US

With the hoobly.com ad, I would suggest titleling it Cleaning Services in (Your state, written out).

We can then go from there...

Dec 12, 2009, 12:38 AM

Thank you very much Clough for the info, OK so we know the title of the ad. What next ? Do we need a better ad or just copy and paste my old ad?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2009, 12:55 AM
    There are some keywords at the bottom of the post to use at the bottom of the ad. It's much preferable to have what you do and your contact information toward the top of the ad.

So, what we do is create a couple of paragraphs about what you do and briefly where you mainly do it - then, your contact information - (first and last names), phone number, email address and website address. If you use your first and last names, it makes you look more credible.

You might start the ad something like this: Home and office cleaning services available in and around (vicinities and state). We also are cleaners for new construction, carpet cleaning, window washing, pressure washing, floor waxing and polishing, furniture dusting and floor mopping, etc.

Over (years) experience.

Insured and bonded. References available upon request.

Home cleaners in (location), (location) carpet cleaning, home maintenance in (location), spring cleaning in (location), etc. etc.

[I'm sure that you catch my "drift". The locations can all be different.]
    [It's important to vary the keywords used because the search engines will pick on things in different ways. For instance: cleaning, cleaners, carpet cleaning and carpet cleaners. Singular, plural, "ing" endings, etc.] Google does things alphabetically and doesn't look for repeated words. It's different with other search engines. Yahoo, for instance, loves repeated words!

[I would also suggest using keywords and phrases from some of the other ads that we found on sites on the first pages of the searches.]

[You can even add area codes and Zip Codes to the keywords and locations.]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer will not stay loaded and I can not download anything from internet [ 6 Answers ]

My computer did some updates a couple days ago and since then internet explorer will not stay up it closes down. I cannot download anything to find out what is wrong. Any suggestions? Please help. Thank you

Videos won't play on internet or show photos on psp internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my psp not showing videos or photos on the internet, can someone please tell me why?:o

Internet OK.just can't get Firefox or internet explorer to work [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have.windows XP.I have d-link wireless for both laptops and netgear for this laptop,other laptop is fine.just can't load up a web page on this laptop.have mozilla Firefox.and internet explorer.I have looked at settings but I not sure what I am looking for, any help would be welcome

How do I check a company or Internet Site with the Internet Better Business Bureau? [ 1 Answers ]

I sometimes find a company or Internet Website, that has not certificate etc. How do I check them out with the BBB for the Internet?

View more questions Search