Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FroOGle Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 08:32 PM
    Xbox 360 for my room
    My mom keeps asking me what I want for christams and I keep telling her I want a 360 for my room but she says that I can't have one. I have a tvi in my room and I don't have cable on it, idont even have rabbit ears! All I have for that TV is a ps2 that I've had for about a year now. But nobody is making any good games for it anymore. Just let me know what you think I should do, or leave comments agree or disagree

Thanks! Froogle
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 08:39 PM

You don't have cable? OMG! How do you survive?

I can't believe that all you have is a ps2. That's borderline child abuse.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Maybe your mom is saying no because all you do is sit in your room playing games and she doesn't want to add to the problem.

Just fyi. When I was a kid I bought my first TV for my room, with my own money, black and white TV with rabbit ears, no remote, three channels, 2 were fuzzy. I was thrilled to have it. It cost me $200 of my hard earned money.

Back then we had to work for the things we got. If you really want an Xbox why not earn it?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 08:45 PM
    My son would be disappointed but at least grateful for the PS2. I know he wants an XBOX 360 Elite... but you know what? I like his company more than I like fighting him to get the heck off the video games. JUST like he likes to hang with me and not fight me for my attention. Earn it then set limits for yourself on it. My son is getting music this year... ZUNE something or other. HD I think that is what I need to buy, he and I love music together so that is that. Understand one thing... YOU WILL NEVER understand why or what the heck your mom is doing until you are older. Respect her, love her and deal. Hugs, Start
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 08:48 PM

I'm sorry that I was harsh. I just find it so upsetting that kids today have everything they want without working for it.

Also, the problem with obesity in kids is directly linked to all the video games, texting, 300 plus channels on TV. It seems that kids aren't being raised by their parents anymore, they're being raised by electronics. It's not right.

When I was a kid we did things together. The same goes in my household. My kids are 7 and 11. If they want something special like a game, they work for it. Even then, their time is limited on it. I don't want my kids to grow up thinking that the best times of their lives were spent in front of the boob tube playing with fictional characters. We do things together. We have a blast.

Just saying.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 09:04 PM
    I'm with you on the cable brah, I couldn't tell you jack about my Bruins or Celtics this year.

I heard the XBox 360 came down in price again, and PS3 and XBox 360 now (or will) have motion sensors in their controllers just like the Wii. So there's really no comparison between systems anymore: XBox 360 is the best system for game variety and price, so you're on the right path.

If mom doesn't get you a 360, know that you will get Christmas money, so from that alone you will probably have enough to buy an 360 yourself. But still sell your PS2 and games on craigslist, but don't expect more than $75 for the bundle, and that's assuming you have at least 10 games and 2 controllers.

Kids do grow out of video games Altenweg, I was given a Wii recently, and I just can't play it, I used to be addicted to games when I was younger until I was about 14, but I also had an older brother to play the games with, Bases Loaded and MLB '99 were our two favorite. We did do things together, but it was tough when both parents had jobs, so video games really had nothing to do with it. Now that my brother went and got married and there's no one else to play with, video games are boring as hell. Besides, video games are just as vegetative as books or solitare and all games involve thought. All solitary activities are the same, it's just different media, that's all.

I have thought about getting Manhunt for the Wii, because it's really, really messed up and not your typical video game.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 09:40 PM

I live without cable, And I'm super lucky to have my laptop, my father got it for me as a graduation present to do my homework on, it's come in handy a TON. As for games, use the PS2, look up more games that you'd like and see if you can get them used, there's tons of fun stuff you can play on a PS2, and it's a pretty good game system. I really like it, if you haven't played Kingdom Hearts yet, then do so, I was addicted to it for the longest time before my mother threw my brother's PS2 off the balcony.. .
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    I'm with you on the cable brah,
    Did you really just call him brah? :rolleyes:
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsohappy View Post
    Did you really just call him brah? :rolleyes:
    I had just seen an interview with Dog and his wife before I replied. I'm pumped for the new season.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    I had just seen an interview with Dog and his wife before I replied. I'm pumped for the new season.
    It's funny how people imitate things they observe unconciously.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much does it cost per room to paint walls and ceilling on 12/x12/ room ? [ 3 Answers ]

What is tpical price to paint 12 x12 room ?

Installed Ceiling Fan in Room A, Lost Light in Room B [ 7 Answers ]

Below I've got a link to two pictures of both electrical boxes if this helps. I have two bedrooms next to each other. They are on the same breaker. Today I installed a very basic ceiling fan into Room A. the wires in the electrical box coming from the ceiling are two tan, one black. I...

Interior room-to-room noise reduction [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I just moved into a home in Wheaton, IL. The house is great except for one thing: you can easily hear through the walls. For example, the master bathroom was placed along the main hallway, and you can hear... everything... not what you want when entertaining guests! I've read about...

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

View more questions Search