Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greenhouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 12:32 PM
    Divorce
    I am from IOWA. I have recently been served with divorce papers. How many days do I have to contest the divorce?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 12, 2006, 01:01 PM
    You have 30 days from the date of service to file your answer in most states.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2006, 01:40 PM
    What does it say on the papers? If you plan to contest it, file a counter-motion right away (or better yet, have your attorney file one for you.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce [ 4 Answers ]

I Have Been Married For Three Years To My Husband Who Is Originally From Barbados, His Green Card Expires In March 2007 And I Want To Get A Divorce, How Will This Affect His Citizenship Status?

Yes/No to divorce? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband of eleven years told me he wasn't in love with me anymore. We have been separated a little over a year now. He has a girlfriend which he says is not serious. I have filed for divorce but for some reason he does not want to divorce me. He says, "he cares because he calls to see how I...

Cause of Divorce? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. I have a very bad situation on my hands. See, I'm 13 and my parents MIGHT get a divorce because of me. See, I saw my mom doing somwthing that she shouldn't have been doing (making out with a friend of her and my dad's when she was drunk) and I told my dad because I was scared and confused. ...

Divorce-Who does it? [ 9 Answers ]

My friend lives in Iowa, has decided to divorce his wife. They are not contesting anything, want 50/50 with their two daughters and agree on everything. The question is does he have to pay an attorney $2000 to get the divorce or can he get the necissary papers and do it himself for around $300?

Just out of a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I've been with a truly wonderful man for almost 2 years. When I met him he had more baggage than some airports however I was aware of this. I wouldn't have hung on through all his issues had he not shown me the kind of love women dream of. He and I have a very adult relationship. We got each other...

View more questions Search