Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alisatahi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 03:21 PM
    How do I find the builder of my home?
    How do I find who the builder of my home was?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 05:06 PM

Go to the local building department that covers you area. Ask to see the prints and the permit, contractors name will be there. What is the problem you are trying to solve?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 08:18 PM

Depending on the age and the records your ciy/county keeps, you merely go to the building code or zoning and look up the building permits for hat specific home
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Dec 12, 2009, 05:04 PM

Any Title Company knows the builder on your property.
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemcs View Post
    Any Title Company knows the builder on your property.
    How wouild a title company know a builder of a home lets say from 1980 ? They know all the previous owners ( well they can find it by doing a title search) but title searches do not show who the builders were, merely who the owners were.

Dec 12, 2009, 05:19 PM

I am a Realtor and the Property Profiles from the Title Company would usually show the builder. If not, a Title Rep would look it up. Your answer is true too, I just never had to resort in that direction.
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 05:50 PM

I guess the other question is "why do they want to know the builder" except unless it was designed by some famous person and they want proof to add value. I guess after buying so many houses I can't count, I have never once asked who the builder was except once. It was built by a major circus company during a off time.
    ** it had a hiden cellar with a false wall and some strange things.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2009, 06:29 PM

The only reason the title company might have a record of the builder is if the builder was an owner.

Dec 12, 2009, 08:39 PM

It works in this state even if the builder is not owner.

Another idea that will not cost anything, is to knock on the neighbor's doors and hopefully find an answer.
    Expert

Dec 12, 2009, 08:56 PM

I guess part of the issue, the OP has never even came back to add to the post.

The house they are asking about could be 50 years old, we just don't know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home builder contract [ 1 Answers ]

We recently built a home that has had many issues from air infiltration, frost on walls, and a very undersized main floor. I have been in model homes from this builder and also a family home that they built that was the same floor plan but our was 200 square feet larger. My home doesn't compare...

Home Builder not paying subtrade [ 5 Answers ]

I did some ceramic tile work for a home builder back in August of 2008 and he keeps delaying to pay the outstanding invoices for the work that has been done. He has mentioned to me that he needs 30 days to come up with the money because he has no cash, but he came up with a list of deficiencies and...

Builder misplaced next door home [ 7 Answers ]

The builder of a new home development built a home within its property lot and subsequently within the construction lines of the property itself. This lot and home is next the my home and property lot. Unfortunately, the home appears to be have been placed about 20-ft forward and closer to the...

Where can I find who the builder of my home was? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Plant City, Florida, and am curious to learn who the builder of our rental house was. I've performed various online searches, but haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance!

New Home W/builder warranty [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a newly constructed home and it has a 1 yr "builder warranty". I am slowing finding some issues that need corrected like "lack of insulation" in the attic, garage, etc to name one. The builder is reluctant to provide the correct level of insulated protection and I feel he is not in...

View more questions Search