Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayasmommy4109 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Dec 9, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Wise to leave?
    Hi my name is rachelle I am 17 and pregnant with my second child (that was unplanned) that is due in early June, my daughter is 8 months old and I am in a bit of a situation and I am not sure how to go about it, I am wanting to leave my children's father (who I've been with for 4 years)and move back home to get away. Our relationship has gone from great to a nightmare since we found out about our pregnancy and I no long feel as if it is wise to stay with him. He hasn't done any harm to any one but he can be violent and punch holes in our walls and he broke our freezer door when he hit it. I am only trying to make sure no harm comes to any one but I have a fear of leaving seeing that he pays for everything. My car is in his name he pays for daycare so I can go to school and he pays for my cell phone. I am I wise to leave or should I stay so I know my children will have everything they need?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 01:13 PM

Would he be willing to take anger management problems? It's good that he's not hitting you or your children, but the destructiveness is still bad. My father used to break things. And then it went from breaking things to hitting people, like my mom and me. And it's so easy for kids to get caught in the middle of things. People tend to do stupid things when they go into rages like that. It would be awful if he smashed something and a piece of whatever he smashed hit your daughter or you.

I would suggest working on becoming more independent. And start stashing money away in an account for just you. You mentioned moving back home. Would you have family or friend to help you while you get on your feet there? He might be less willing to pay for daycare if you leave, but you can take him to court for child support, and maybe even have him ordered to pay for at least some of the child care still.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 06:24 PM

An act of domestic violence can be a threat and hitting walls is considered a threat. The police can take him away for that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 07:56 PM

Yes, just hitting the walls is domestic violence, as a police officer we have sent people to jail for just doing that.

And if he has you afraid that is a level of abuse also.
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Dec 10, 2009, 08:06 PM
    Yes, get yourself and your child out of that situation. If you stay, he will only get worse because he will think that you will put up with it. Not only can his immature little temper tantrums put you in harm, but also your 8 month old and the unborn child, physically and mentally. He still needs to grow up, and he won't as long as you stay and put up with it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 08:01 AM

I would not want my child to witness his/her father punching holes in walls. This type of anger is frightening to everyone, especially vulnerable children. My feeling? One of these days he'll turn on you.

Get out while you still can and protect your child.
    kayasmommy4109 Posts: 58, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2009, 10:05 AM

We did leave we are at my moms and we are moving away after christmas thanks every one for your advise, I thought that it would be best to get my daughter and me and my unborn child out of the situation before it got bad. It is strange to be in the same room as my daughter again but I feel better
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2009, 10:22 AM

A lot of women, many of them a lot older than you, would have been afraid to leave, hesitant to leave, uncertain about leaving. I am glad you and your daughter had a place to go and are safe.

Be strong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it wise to buy my son's first car? [ 12 Answers ]

I was considering buying my son his first car as long as he did good in school. But I was thinking that this may not be a good idea. Would this be spoiling him? Should I make him work, save and buy his own first car? The reason I am hesitant about it is because he doesn't understand the concept of...

What happens during a orgasm, body wise [ 2 Answers ]

What happens during a orgasm, do you just have a really insane good feeling or do you, like boys when they are happy also?

Old wise tales [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband or all in to the old wise tales and there is one that we wanted to try and I can't rember it it haves to do with drano I think but if you put that in the toilet and pee it will turn a certain color does anybody know how this one goes?

View more questions Search