Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linpro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 12:34 PM
    No cold water all of a sudden on 3rd floor sink only
    We have a 1923 home that has been totally replumbed about 10 years ago. Recently, we had a plumber install a sumpjet and we noticed the water pressure go down some after that installation, especially on the 3rd floor. This morning, the cold water on the
    3rd floor bathroom sink worked just fine about 6am. A couple hours later, there was no cold water coming out of the faucet. Since then, I can not get any cold water to come out only on the 3rd floor and only with the sink. The bathroom sink on the 3rd floor was a faucet in the middle with hot and cold handles on each side. The hot water works just fine, it is only the cold water that does not flow. The toilet on this floor and the shower work just fine. The cold water in the 2nd floor bathroom sink as works just fine. I can not find any leaks on any floor. What could be the problem that the cold water no long flows on the 3rd floor.
    Thank you,
    linpro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 12:38 PM

I also forgot to add that this week, the temperatures have dropped into the teens (f) at night. The pipes are wrapped and the outside water has been turned off, faucets wrapped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water in hot or cold bathroom sink after flushing my gas hot water heater [ 5 Answers ]

Thank you. I flushed my hot water heater last night. I only turned the cold water intake to the heater off and on BUT now, after the flush, my second floor bathroom sink faucets (both hot and cold) don't work at all. The shower and the tub in the bathroom work but NOT the sink- HELP! Thanks so...

Running hot and cold water to outside sink [ 6 Answers ]

I want to run hot and cold water to an outside sink from the hot and cold to the washing machine in the garage. It is a straight shot to the outside wall about 5'. Should I open the wall and solder copper lines or are there faucets that accept washer hoses that I can run using y fittings. I had...

Sudden loss of hot & cold water pressure in one faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Recently the pressure in both the hot and cold faucets on one bathroom sink dropped to almost nothing. We replaced the very old faucet with a new one but it did no good. We still have just the tiniest trickle out of both hot and cold. The tub and toilet in the same room are not affected. The...

No cold water on 2nd floor [ 1 Answers ]

The weather has been very cold. This morning I found that I have water pressure in the basement and 1st floor of the house but no cold water on the 2nd floor -- only hot water. Please advise. Thanks.

Little Cold Water and plugged sink [ 1 Answers ]

Very little cold water is coming into the shower and tub faucet although it is doing fine to the toilet and sink. Someone told me the faucets may need to be taken apart and cleaned but I don't know how. The faucets are barely a year old. We are on well water. The bathroom sink is real sluggish...

View more questions Search