Ask
    kcchiefs69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Did jesus die so we can pray to god
    Did Jesus die so we can pray to GOD
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 07:45 AM

Jesus died for the sins of the people, according to the bible.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2009, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs69 View Post
    Did Jesus die so we can pray to GOD
    Jesus died to allow us hope, in the one calling of HIS grace.

Christ taught us to pray to God the Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Christ told us to ask anything in HIS name when we pray to our Father in heaven.

John 14:12-13-14 Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Dec 9, 2009, 11:00 AM

HE died for our sins and not that we can pray to God. People were praying to God even when Jesus was not born. People were praying to God when HE walked on this earth. And people are even praying today to God, when Jesus is alive and is living with God the Father.
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Dec 10, 2009, 10:40 AM

Jesus Loved us soooo much, so that we get to go to heaven in spite of us being bad people!! How good is he!

Do You Know the truth about Jesus?? Click here
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfGod_1 View Post
    Jesus Loved us soooo much, so that we get to go to heaven inspite of us being bad people!!! How good is he!
    Bad and unrighteousness is seen in those that follow satan in darkness. They drink the cup of satan and eat at satan's table. You can not partake of both, Don't be deceived! (1 Corinthians 10:21)

Refer scripture: 1st John 1:3-4-5-6-7
    That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 10, 2009, 04:37 PM

People have always been able to pray or talk to God, and throughout history man was given ways to have exchanges with God.

Man by his nature is sinful and we can not work our way into heaven. So in the early church before Christ came, the church was given the rules for various sacrifices to forgive them of their sin.
    Jesus came as the great and final sacrifice so that all that believed on him as there sacrifice ( Savior) would be forgiven and saved.
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 05:29 PM

Mankind was also given the means through baptism to walk in newness of life. We were set freed from the bondage of sin that was once put upon man by Adam and Eve. If we walk having the spirit of Christ.

Repent and sin no more!

Roman 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Gal 5:18 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

~in Christ
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 11:58 PM

kcchiefs69,
    To answer your question...
    No, that is not what Jesus came to earth to do.
    For thousands of years before Jesus was born people prayed to God though Jesus did teach us how to pray.
    Jesus came to be the sacrificial lamb of God and thus the savior of our souls and that is what He did.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Dec 14, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    kcchiefs69,
    Jesus came to be the sacrificial lamb of God and thus the savior of our souls and that is what He did.
    Very true!
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2009, 10:29 PM

ChildOfGod_1,
    Thanks much.
    Fred
    I Newton Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Jan 4, 2010, 03:02 PM

I can only answer what the Bible says rather than what religion says.

Jesus did not come to earth so we could pray to God, as people already prayed to God.

Jesus did not come to earth so those who could not DO good would also be allowed into heaven simply due to the grace of God or his undeserving kindness, (Jesus spoke often of those who did not DO good would not live or enter the kingdom of God)

Going strictly by the Word of God, if you believe it, no man went to heaven until after Jesus was sacrificed. (Even Lazarus would lay asleep in death until the last day when he would be resurrected)

Only after Jesus was sacrificed was man allowed access to heaven.

Jesus do not dissolve sin as many people think they can do what they like and go to heaven anyway, he forgave the sin that hung over mankind since Adam and Eve.

BUT each man is responsible for his own sins and, if you believe the Bible, will pay dearly for his own sins.
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2010, 12:06 AM

I Newton,
    Sorry, but I must again disagree with you about people in heaven before Jesus ascended there. He is the only one who did so.
    All the others the bible tells us of were taken to heaven by God and there are quite a few that the bible clearly tells us of.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Jan 6, 2010, 05:40 AM

It is not at all surprising that many, many people would disagree; with 2000 different Christian religions enjoying the power and money that comes from it, there is going to be many objections.

For those honestly wanting to find out what the truth is, at first glance of the Bible, along with pre-conceived ideas, you could be forgiven to think Enoch and Elijah went to heaven.

But of course Jesus said that no man went to heaven.
    Jesus also said that No man was greater than John the Baptist and he did not go to heaven. Therefore, if John did not go to heaven, neither would have anyone else.
    And of course King David did not go to heaven.
    If the likes of John and David did not go, there is little hope than anyone else would.

And there are the accounts of people who are dead are said to be asleep.
    And Ecclesiastes tells us that the dead know nothing or feel nothing.
    And there are too many scriptures that speak of the soul dying.
    And Genesis tells us that Adam did not have a soul, but was a soul.

BUT let's look at Enoch.
    It says Enoch was taken. Now, maybe Enoch was better than John and David and so he did go to heaven.
    BUT it does not say he was taken to heaven; just merely taken. In light of Jesus' words and that neither John or even David went to heaven, it is obvious that Enoch life was taken, Enoch taken to heaven.

Let's look at Elijah.
    Elisha saw him taken up in the heavens in a whirlwind and he never saw him again.
    BUT he did not mourn for Elisha as the custom would have him do.
    And several years later the king of Judah received a letter from Elijah as recorded in 2Chronicles.

The vision of Jesus, Moses and Elijah.
    You could be forgiven to think this was actually happening.
    But at the beginning of the scripture it tells us that some of the apostles would see Jesus in his glory before they die, then some of them see this vision of Jesus in glory and he even tells them it was a vision when he told them not to tell the vision to anyone.
    So this was simply a vision of the future of Jesus in his glory when he returns.

So, in light of what Jesus said and that neither John and David went to heaven and Elijah was still acting as a prophet in Judah and Elisha did not mourn for Elijah, it seems logical that Elijah was taken into the heaven as described in Genesis and merely taken to Judah to continue his work there.
    These days we would hop on a plane and be taken up into the heavens.

1Peter 1 tells us of a new birth that was only available after Jesus was resurrected.

Hebrews 6 tells us how Jesus was the forerunner for those to enter heaven.

Acts 24:15 tells us there is GOING to be a resurrection.

So David did not go to heaven
    John did not go to heaven.
    Lazarus obviously did not go to heaven
    (With these three alone there is not much hope for anyone else)
    Jesus said no man has gone to heaven.
    Peter Hebrews and Acts tells us that Jesus was the first to go to heaven that opened the way for the rest and there was YET to be a resurrection.
    Ultra Member

Jan 6, 2010, 11:53 PM

I Newton,
    There is absolutely NO proof that those you mentioned did not go to heaven.
    But there is bibicla proof that others did.
    Your negativism about Church and religion is not well thought out.
    We would not have the Jewish and Christian religions if they had not been started by God.
    We would NOT have the Holy Bible for you to read if it had not been inspired by God and promulgated by The Church.
    God started the religions and the Church.
    If you don't mind or if you do I will go along with what God did.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2010, 05:25 AM

Yes and the "2000" or so religions almost all agree that Jesus came to give us a final sacrifice and a new covenant with God. It does not mean there was not one before, In fact with Adam before the fall, there was even a better more perfect relationship with God,

Jan 7, 2010, 04:23 PM

I can only tell you what the Bible says and the Bible is not contradictory and God does not move in mysterious ways.
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2010, 12:25 AM

I Knewron,
    And just where does tne bible say that?
    I believe that the bible says otherwise.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do we pray to Jesus or to God? [ 79 Answers ]

If the SON and the FATHER are one and the same, yet different (a concept which I am still not able to understand fully), whom do we pray to. Should I pray to Jesus? Or, should I pray to a Christian God?

Must marriage be Legal to be blessed by God. [ 9 Answers ]

I am in California, and go to a First Baptist Church. I was married to a man who was killed in the line of duty in Iraq. I have a son and daughter by him. I am engaged to a man who is divorced and we share a daughter with each other. We had our daughter before we entered our church. Now we...

How can we tell that God loves us? [ 3 Answers ]

Our limited minds can't comprehend God's love because it comes with no strings attached. He doesn't love us 'if,' but 'in spite of.' As a parent you may not approve of your child's behaviour, but you always love and accept them. Paul asks, 'Can anything ever separate us from Christ's...

I have a simple question about God and the Devil [ 9 Answers ]

I read some question earlier about whether I believe in the Devil or not. I'm not Christian so I don't really care. But I've heard sooo many debates about this, that I can't help but to wonder. Why do they say that the devil is a monster guy with horns and a tail. Red and lives underground?...

I love with a boy but he refused me. I 'll die without him can pray help me for this [ 8 Answers ]

I love with a boy so much but he refused me, I want to marry with him otherwise my life will stop, I would not get any success in my life. Is there any way or pray that would help me to get his love and which make him to marry with me. Because I know nothing is impossible for Allah and Allah can do...

View more questions Search