Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 02:52 PM

I have to ask what country you live in, since obviously it is not the US or Canada where it is common place to have either a family member or birthing coach with you. Even for a C section a family member can be there.
    ** not that I want to be in another
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I have to ask what country you live in, since obviously it is not the US or Canada where it is common place to have either a family member or birthing coach with you. Even for a C section a family member can be there.
    ** not that I want to be in another
    Chuck, I believe that the OP is in India, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Silver Lining Posts: 374, Reputation: 36
    -

Dec 24, 2009, 02:27 AM

Altenweg is right, I am from India. But its not the same in all hospitals. My 1st delivery, my hubby was with me throughout... right until I delivered. Now I am with my mom in a small town. Here they do not allow any family members. Yesterday, during my check up. I was sent to the head gyne. I asked her to allow my hubby or my mom at least during the labor and not during delivery. She denied and gave me a big lecture for 15 minutes, telling me that its all western culture that we youngsters are bringing into India and that we youngsters are not doing right by adopting western culture and all such nonsense. She is 50+, and the head of OBG, such an educated/experienced lady speaking such ****.
    My hubby joined the conversation and asked her why such a rule since family help you relax during the pain. She gave no good reason. Yet again she lectured for a looooooong time, this time saying how foreigners come to that hospital and appreciate the management and their rules.
    I can bet on it, except for the idiots staying near that hospital, none other will ever say that the management is good. I vote it one of the worst hospitals I have ever seen.
    No appointments, no sufficient staff, no cleanliness, no proper ventilation, no doc-patient confidentiality (except for foreign patients), excess patients in OPD-no seating arrangement,, I can go on and on,, I want to run away from here. I will NEVER again come here for any problem. I'd rather suffer than go to such hospital.

Now I really prefer c-section (thought we decided to wait for normal until the last date). The head OBG herself told me that the nurse and docs shout at the patient if they shout or cry with pain during labor. What do they expect from the woman in pain? Laugh? She said they shout because the patients get scared and do not shout/cry. Let her try that on me... I'm sure I'l shout back at her. I'm not the kind of person who gets scared if shouted at.
    -

Dec 30, 2009, 05:15 AM

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh! M excited,, time's up.. getting admitted tomorrow for delivery... wish me luck..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 30, 2009, 06:27 AM
    Good luck darlin. I truly wish you the best.

I only wish you could have your baby with me as your nurse. I would let you have as many family members as you like and I would let you scream as loud as you want... until I gave to the medicine to take all your pain away so that you could truly enjoy a pain free labor.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.
    -

Jan 14, 2010, 01:40 AM

@ J_9, Thank You,,

ITS A GIRL.................!!!!!!!!!!!

Had a C-section,, everything went smoothly,, baby weighed 2960gms at birth... looks a lot like her dad and I am glad,, her dad is very excited,, he wanted a girl and so did I.

Thank you all for your wishes and blessings. Love you all.
    Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 06:38 AM
    Congrats!! I'm sure you're happy that it's finally over!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 09:17 AM

Congrats. That's wonderful news. :)
    -

Jan 17, 2010, 04:51 AM

Thank You..!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 04:53 AM

Excellent news! I'm delighted for you both..

Have you decided on a name for her?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2010, 11:30 AM

Glad to hear it went well... rest and enjoy!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 01:21 PM

Congratulations, Silver Lining. :)

I am very glad that everything went well.
    -

Jan 18, 2010, 02:43 AM
    Thanks Guys...

Her name is Saanvi- it means one who leads and also it is a Goddess name.

Attached her foto... :)
    Attached Images

redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 03:21 AM

Oh my,what a beauty!
    -

Feb 2, 2010, 04:12 AM

Thank You..
    Expert

Feb 2, 2010, 08:53 AM
    Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations again!
    -

Feb 4, 2010, 11:10 AM

Thank You J_9
    Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 11:15 AM
    You must be very proud! And you have EVERY right to be!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 11:28 AM
    SilverLining, she is so adorable. :)

I hope you and the rest of the family are doing as well as she appears to be doing.
    -

Feb 4, 2010, 11:30 AM

I am indeed proud of her :),, she is so much like her dad in her looks and like me by character,, very demanding,, she makes sure she gets what she wants,, minority rules when there is a baby at home...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal problems, a lot of dischrage and vaginal itch [ 2 Answers ]

Well its embarasing but I'm 16 and I just became sexually active. Ive only done it with one boy which is my boyfriend and ever since I have been dealing with occasional vaginal itching. At one point it became so sever that my mom had to take me to the doctor but she didn't find out about my sex...

Section 145 [ 2 Answers ]

What is under Law Act No 145

C-section vs. Vaginal delivery [ 10 Answers ]

I have researched quite a bit online and in books, but still feel undecided on how to deliver my baby. I'm curious to learn more about personal experiences and opinions. What are the advantages of a c-section over vaginal? What are the advantages of vaginal over a c-section?...

C-section [ 4 Answers ]

I like to know if there's anything I can do to tighten up my abs/(core) after a c-section? Keep in mind that Its been about 5 years and this flabby tummy is not pretty. Also is there any truth to what I heard regarding the prosses of a c-section and how your abb muscle are cut, so even after...

Having sex after C section [ 6 Answers ]

My wife last month gave birth to a baby with C-Section (Operation). I want to know after how many months we can make love again.

View more questions Search