Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryanjacob01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 11:43 PM
    Skin pigmentation , dark spots
    Skin pigmentation, dark spots especially on my cheeks, breakouts so easily, ive'd used lots of products been to dermatologist nothing happened, no results
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Here are a few things to try:

Retin-a 0.025% or 0.050% (aka generic tretinoin), this has given me much success as I had aproblem with acne marks on my cheeks, chin, and especially the forehead. My marks are no longer present except for the ones on my forehead, which have faded about 50% now. Also lactic acid (as well as other aha acids) can help the skin to exfoliate, remove acne, as well as acne scars and blemishes. Tretinoin is the acid form of vitamin a and lactic acid derives from milk and is gentle helping to moisturize the skin. A good quality vitamin c serum can also help give the skin a nice glow and gently exfoliate the skin. Use this along with a gentle face wash such as H2O Plus AntiAcne Clarifying Face, Neutrogena, natural dudu osun black soap (which is actually brown and not literally black.

Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer gel crème, using this as is or along with retin-a will definitely lighten your skin quite quickly. You can also use an exfoliating soap such as Likas papaya soap, Diana Stalder papaya kojic soap, F&W exclusive whitenizer soap, SW+SS L glutathione soap, and several others along with a good lightening crème.

Calendula ointment, helps to heal wounds and burns due to the ingredient of flavonoids. Calendula comes from the marigold herb and it's also rich in antioxidants, is a natural antibiotic, and it promotes blood cell growth in regenerating skin tissue therefore speeding the healing process. Also bio oil can be beneficial, as it is also rich in calendula oil, vitamin E & A, lavender, rosemary, and chamomile oil.

Include a sun block high in spf (neutrogena helioplex w/ spf 55+) as the skin will become sensitive from exfoliation and this will help prevent the skin from redarkening. A good face moisturizer will help skin dryness (aveeno, neutrogena, olay). Also, remember to drink about 64 oz of water daily and limit fried food and soda from your diet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark Spots on African American Skin. [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 24 year old woman whom is very beautiful so I've been told, but there is one majoe problem that I am having I have dark spots all over my body and I am very self concience, I don't wear anything short and I can't even get naked in fromt of my boyfriend... the spots came from when I was...

Dark spots by the skin lighter [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me by telling me how to remove the dark spot caused by the skin lighter. Thanks

Dark spots on skin [ 5 Answers ]

I have unusual dark spots that are different than my skin tone. I have used many topical ointments and creams such as Protopic, Tri-luma, Retin a micro, Locoid, and Hydro cortisone. I've also used face washes and acne pads but they don't work. I've had these spots for over 16 months now. These...

Dark spots caused by healed skin [ 6 Answers ]

I have dark skin, under, around, over and at the sides of my eyes. It was first caused by a rash which healed and left the skin darker when I was a kid. 8 years later I used a hydroquinone based product to finally get rid of it and it made everything worse causing darker skin to spread all around...

View more questions Search