Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arleal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Depreciation of fixed asset
    Which account is creditted when recording depreciation of a fixed asset?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2006, 05:27 PM
    Debit Depreciation Expense
    Credit Accumulated Depreciation

Or….. you can use the word Amortization instead of Depreciation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does the sale of a fixed asset affect financial statement [ 2 Answers ]

Am struggling with how to post an entry on the sale of a fixed asset-if the asset was purchsed for 50,000 and there is still 25,000 owed on it and I have sold it for 40,000 how do I post this and what accounts are affected-is this only a balance sheet issue or does it affect an income account since...

Depreciation [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I have attempted to work these problems but all my answers are incorrect. Can someone show me how to work these? 1. On January 1, 20X5, Better Realty purchased a $45,000 vehicle to chauffeur clients to prospective homes. Better plans on driving the vehicle for five years or 100,000...

Asset Protection [ 2 Answers ]

I am probably going to be sued in the near future because of an auto accident which was my fault. I had no insurance and it was a rental car. Is there any way to protect my assets? I have a savings account but it is for my retirement...

Je for disposing of asset [ 3 Answers ]

How do you record the disposal of an asset when it has been partly depreciated and you didn't get anything for the asset. EX. Furniture cost 8000 Accum Deprec 5000 :confused:

Trade In Of An Asset [ 1 Answers ]

On December 1, 2005, Cutting Edge Traded An Old Piece Of Equipment For A Newer Model. The Following Information Pertains To This Transaction: Old Machine: Original Cost 18,000 Accumulated Depreciation As Of 12/1/05 13,500 ...

View more questions Search