Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    konagal2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2011, 12:37 PM
    I've had the same problem with my Moen faucet. Installed Feb 2011. Began "fizzing" about a month ago and getting worse every day. Has anyone found a replacement pull down faucet that doesn't have this problem (presumably a brand other than Moen)? I wonder if it's only the Moen sold through Home Depot/Lowes that have this problem (perhaps are more cheaply made?) Those who have contacted Moen, have you called or e-mailed them?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 4, 2011, 03:52 PM

Hi Konagal...

Why not contact them and talk to them yourself? Moen is actually a great product with a fantastic warranty. If you are tremendously unhappy they may even replace the entire faucet at no charge to you... so give them a call, OK?

Call 1800BUYMOEN

Please, let us know what happens... ;)

Mark
    konagal2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 02:52 PM
    In Aug I wrote to say I had one of these foaming faucets. It took me until now to contact Moen but they were very responsive. They now are replacing them with the same model but different material on the pull-out. They're shipping a new one to me as I write this.

It was very helpful to see everyone's comments and to not spend hundreds of dollars for a plumber still not to be able to figure it out.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 03:02 PM
    Thank you for posting an update on this... others will appreciate it, for sure!
    beaches121 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2011, 07:07 AM
    Having the same issues with bad odor (resembles sewer gas) and foaming. Didn't see these posts until after I had city water department involved and several plumbers. Result, it costs me over $2000 to replace faucets and lines, chlorinate my home, etc. I have had several water tests performed and was advised that the chlorine levels was 0.05 and 0.08. Hetertrophic Bacteria Count was above 730. Has anyone spoken to an attorney about any of this? I will not consume this water. After seeing all these posts, I'm surprised we haven't heard something about a class action against Moen... Any new input?
    jasonsanders Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2011, 01:08 PM
    I purchased a Moen pullout from Lowe's. Two weeks after installing, we started having the same problem described here (fizzy, smelly, bad tasting water) -- I found this thread and called Moen. They were aware of this problem that in rare instances local water may interact badly with the materials. I emailed them a picture of the installed faucet to prove ownership and the new faucet arrived within a week. I asked about just replacing a single hose, but they sent me the entire thing. Since it has the same model number and appears identical, I am hoping the inside materials really are different. I just installed the new one, and am hoping the problem does not turn up again.
    oiser2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2012, 02:29 PM
    Before faucet is installed all parts should be soaked in vinegar. This will hasten removal of metallic odor. If insatlled, remove movable setion and soak in venegar over night. This should help. Alternately, use of the faucet will you will eventually
    Lose the odor and taste. Run water before collecting it for use.
    >email address removed<
    KDelphi Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
    I am getting messed up here, posting to the wrong question, etc... can someone tell me about soa,king the valve? Do I need tools to take it apart? (I didn't install it myself but can prob get the guy who did to come back over... )
    Mad-At-Kohler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2012, 04:52 PM
    Here is a link to an article about water quality (written by a PH.D). The article describes the type of bacteria you are experiencing in your stinky/foamy water.

http://www.wcponline.com/pdf/0199OnTap.pdf
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-At-Kohler View Post
    Here is a link to an article about water quality (written by a PH.D). The article describes the type of bacteria you are experiencing in your stinky/foamy water.

http://www.wcponline.com/pdf/0199OnTap.pdf

This was written in JANUARY 1999. I do not think is applicable.

What is your argument with Kohler - or Moen - or both?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MOEN kitchen faucet shuts off by itself [ 5 Answers ]

I have a single handle MOEN kitchen faucet. It was leaking from the base when it was on so I had to replace the cartridge or cylinder or whatever you call it and now the leak is gone and it works great. However, if you pull the handle all the way up to full on in any position it stays on. If you...

Moen faucet removal kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

My home was built in 02 with sink in place. I have a single handle Moen kitchen faucet that I am trying to replace with another unit.Under the bottom of the sink thare is a U shaped plate around the h/c water lines come out. Do I start from the top taking apart the faucet to remove it from the...

Removing Moen kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot removed the faucet handle line under the sink that has black plastic and a white clip running through it. There is a brass nut just above it and it is loose. It is the last piece I need in order to remove it.

New Moen Faucet Stinks [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I just completely remodeled 2 bathrooms in my house. In the master bathroom sink, I installed a new Moen faucet with 8-inch centers. Whenever I use this faucet, the water smells terrible. The smell is much worse on the hot side. The water is also slightly discolored when it is first...

Kitchen Sink Stinks [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink stinks. The smell lingers and smells like damp dirt. Is there any product available to remove this smell? Draino maybe.

View more questions Search