Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    borninpa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 12:54 PM

Moen will send a new faucet but not a pull down since issue did not go away with new hose. Hmm. Not sure what to do at this point as we we love the pull down and having a sprayer. Don't want to drill a new hole for separate sprayer.
    marr234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 06:17 PM
    Problem is still continuing at Moen. They sent me a new hose on 9/3/2010 and it has the same symptoms. Only it started happening within an hour or two of installing the new hose.
    WIguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2010, 07:41 PM
    I have a Moen Extensa (7560) kitchen single handle pull-out faucet in which we are experiencing the same symptoms. Foamy water with a minty smell when the faucet is first turned on and lasts for about 5 seconds. Then the water comes out clear. You have to wait a few minutes before turning the water on again to get the foamy, minty water. Has anyone received an acceptable (reasonable) answer from Moen? Has anyone had their water tested by an independent lab? Thanks for any feedback.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 16, 2010, 06:54 AM

Wiguy,
    Are you on city water or a pump? With the aerator removed do you still get foamy water? Back to you, Tom
    Bonnie50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrydeyo View Post
    I have filed complaints with the Federal CPSC, the State Attorney General's office and the County District Attorney. Moen must tell us what we have been drinking.
    Larrydeyo, have you heard anything back?
    I have the same fizzy and smelly water problem with a new Kohler pull-down spray faucet. I have now read about this problem for Kohler, Delta, Moen and Danze. It seems it must be the black hose.
    See Kohler problems at http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/l...230212783.html
    I would say it is a solvent odor and if you leave a small glass of it out the smell remains.
    sammalo Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2010, 11:35 AM
    We are having the same problem. We have the Moen Renzo style pull-out sprayer kitchen sink faucet. The city water is fine from all other faucets in the house. Upon turning this Moen faucet on - after it has not been run for a while (~30 mins) - the water comes out of the faucet and fizzes. It sounds like it is carbonated water. I haven't noticed a smell yet, but it definitely seems carbonated.

This seems to be a mandatory-recall-type of situation here. I cannot believe Moen wouldn't do something for all of us unsatisfied customers...
    SAM
    boomermoen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 12:43 PM
    I am dealing with exactly the same problem. Moen agrees that it is the hose, and I am on the 4th replacement one right now. They are supposedly analyzing the ones I sent in. I just left a message for them today. Any updates from any of you others that have had this problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 2, 2010, 10:20 AM

They are supposedly analyzing the ones I sent in.
    Please let us know what you find out. If Moen has a problem with a product we want to know about it. Thanks, Tom
    zesty100 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 10:43 AM
    We have the same issue with our Moen Kleo kitchen faucet CA87011CSL. We had the city water agency come and flush our line to be sure it was not caused by the city water. No other faucets in the house have a problem. I called Moen this morning and they are sending a new hose and head. But, based on the posts of the problems reoccurring I am really thinking about finding a new faucet.

In late summer our water company does use more well water so that may be causing the reaction.

The chemical smell is alone is enough to make you feel sick. I am concerned what we have been ingesting. I am looking for a lab to test some samples. I asked the Moen rep whether it was harmful he said there were no known health issues. That doesn't sound very reassuring to me.

Oct 13, 2010, 12:41 PM
    Comment on zesty100's post
    I just took two water samples in to be tested for volitile organic compunds (VOCs) since that seems most likely if the tubing is breaking down. I should get results back in 10 days and will let everyone know what I find.
    moenfoam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2010, 10:22 AM
    I also have the Moen Kleo kitchen faucet, I purchased it in May. This is my third call to Moen... So far they replaced the head and I immediately had the same problem. So they sent me a new hose. The new hose when connecting to the faucet head started to leak so I had to over tighten the hose to stop the leak however the head is very stiff, but I can live with that.
    As for the foam I noticed the problem was still there after testing it 2 hours later... It's not he city water it's the hose... I used to have the pull out type and never had a problem but the pull down type I think is due to the water sitting in the hose breaking down the hose... Where the pull out type water never sat in the hose... (my opinion)
    I also built a separate kitchen around the same time using the cheaper brand price fister... That too was a pull down and like the Moen and the Kohler it also would spit out foam but for a quick second after sitting weeks without use, wheres my Moen Kleo spits out 4 times the amt of foam after only 4 hours of non use...
    Another problem that happened 2 months after having the Moen Kleo I noticed when I turn on the cold water its cold for 2 seconds then warms up a bit for anywhere from 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes of warm water then it cools down to the correct cold temp... (anyone else have a similar porblem) Moen sent me a new cartridge and guess what I still have the same problem...
    So far I've replaced the hose , the head, and eve nthe cartridge nad I still have the 2 problems!!
    I called Moen for the 3rd time and they said were aware of the problem and for your headaches will give you the run of the house... meaning you can purchase for free any moen kitchen faucet EXCEPT a pull down... Because we assume the problem will still exist even with a different model.
    UM... BS replace the "cheap" plastic hose with a real hose similar to the cold and hot hose's that connect to the faucet. I believe these are manufactured for Lowe's or Home depot and made on the cheap... Or I could be wrong and buy a 500.00 + pulldown and see if the problem stops. However based upon the Kohler, Moen, and price fister I believe it's the reason that the water sits in these hoses breaking it down whereas all other faucet hoses empty the water immediately and avoid this problem...
    boonewtune Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2010, 07:25 PM
    My moen pull down (purchased @ Lowe's a few months ago) foams for the first few seconds as well. I don't note an odor, however. In regards to the post thinking it might be a bacterial influence, I doubt it. If you leave the faucet for even a few minutes, it foams at startup again. Bacterial influence would take much longer than that to create the problem. If anyone finally gets an answer from Moen as to exactly what is creating this, let us know!

Oct 23, 2010, 01:28 PM
    Thanks Moenfoam for the info.

I called Moen again last week and I asked customer service the following questions.

1. How do you know it is not a health hazard? They said they have been testing it.

2. How come you don't replace the supply line hoses too? They said it is definitely the main pulldown hose.

He said they could give me a non-pullout model in exchange but a we really need a pullout model. I am looking at Delta - I hope we don't run into a similar issue with another pullout.

This is extremely frustrating and getting costly.

Here is a review on Amazon for a Kohler that has the same issue. I wonder if they are using the same hose.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R164ABFKZGZL23

Here is a podcast on the same issue from HandyGuysPodcast. They installed a replacement hose but no update since.

http://www.handyguyspodcast.com/?pow...w=1505-podcast

We got a replacement faucet from Moen that does not have a pullout. Went to Lowe's and added a swivel sprayer on the end.

I got the test results back but it does not look like anything out of the ordinary but I am not a chemist. It could be that the VOC test was not the right focus. Not sure where to go from here...
    jinhee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 02:21 PM
    I am having the same problem with a Moen Salora faucet installed in late July. The plumbing company purchased the faucet, but they (John Nugent & Sons, in McLean Virginia) hasn't returned my call. I just spoke to a Moen rep, who said it is a problem with all of their pull-out models because they basically use the same (or same type of) hose. They offered to replace the faucet with a non-pullout variety.

If anyone gets a hit on a water test, please post. I am going to try to get mine tested.
    pwroble Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 01:29 PM
    I am so happy to have found this. We are having the same problem at our new house. The house is just 3 months old as is the faucet. I started noticing the foam and smell about a month ago. It can not be good for us! I really want to get mine tested as well but definitely going to replace the whole faucet and no more Moens for me!
    pwroble Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 02:13 PM
    Comment on zesty100's post
    I just called a local testing lab and she told me that she would recommend to test for the voc's first and then possibly for phalytes (sp? ). She told me that that is what makes plastics soft-whatever that means. The tests are about $170 a shot.
    orangeGrower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 10:44 PM
    I have had a Moen pull-out for 8 months and don't have the problem, but I'm interested from the water quality side. Could those of you who have the problem and have city water please list your town or water company. All public water companies have to prepare an annual report that includes a list of chemical test results for their water. Maybe we can find out if you all have very hard water, or high levels of manganese, or something in common.
    Jrooo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 08:08 AM
    I am so glad I found this forum, I thought I was going crazy. Our Moen started doing what is described above four months after we purchased the faucet. I am going to replace the faucet today.
    sethstor Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2011, 04:30 PM
    In July of 2009 we installed a Kohler faucet in our kitchen (Vinnata K-690-BN). We saw the fizzy water problem. The fizzy water also had a smell. After running a few seconds the water was not fizzy and had no smell. At first Kohler denied it could be their problem. Months later I had the water tested and found this fizzy water had a high TOC (Total Organic Carbon). I wrote to Kohler and explained that I was told that TOC can be caused by either interaction of the water with the plastic supply lines, or due to bacteria in the plastic supply lines and that I suspected either the supply lines of the faucet, or spray hose is at fault. They agreed to replace the faucet, including paying for labor, and the problem went away.
    HAGfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2011, 03:36 PM
    We had no complaints from out original Moen Solara faucet until it rusted into pieces. The problem started when we got the replacement, then the fun with the fizzy stinky water started. Being a maintenance guy for many years, this really baffled me for a while. After reading about all the other people that have the same trouble with the fizz & smell I wasn't sure how to handle this... call Moen or call a lawyer... I called Moen, the rep knew exactly what I was talking about, he said in certain parts of the country the water is reacting to the material inside of the hose, but he assured me the fizz and smell were non toxic and completely harmless :confused:
    Anyway he offered to send me a replacement that wasn't a pullout model. I reminded him of the cost of my original tap and wanted more then a $75 replacement.. :rolleyes:.He offered to send a high arc model, one of the high end faucets they have so I said sure.. Lets just hope the hose on the new faucet doesn't have the same trouble with the fizz. He said he will send a mailing label to return the problem faucet... but I think I might just hang on to it.. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MOEN kitchen faucet shuts off by itself [ 5 Answers ]

I have a single handle MOEN kitchen faucet. It was leaking from the base when it was on so I had to replace the cartridge or cylinder or whatever you call it and now the leak is gone and it works great. However, if you pull the handle all the way up to full on in any position it stays on. If you...

Moen faucet removal kitchen [ 2 Answers ]

My home was built in 02 with sink in place. I have a single handle Moen kitchen faucet that I am trying to replace with another unit.Under the bottom of the sink thare is a U shaped plate around the h/c water lines come out. Do I start from the top taking apart the faucet to remove it from the...

Removing Moen kitchen faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot removed the faucet handle line under the sink that has black plastic and a white clip running through it. There is a brass nut just above it and it is loose. It is the last piece I need in order to remove it.

New Moen Faucet Stinks [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I just completely remodeled 2 bathrooms in my house. In the master bathroom sink, I installed a new Moen faucet with 8-inch centers. Whenever I use this faucet, the water smells terrible. The smell is much worse on the hot side. The water is also slightly discolored when it is first...

Kitchen Sink Stinks [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink stinks. The smell lingers and smells like damp dirt. Is there any product available to remove this smell? Draino maybe.

View more questions Search