Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Handyman Wannab Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 07:53 PM
    I had partition my computer,using two operating systems.
    I had put another operating system on my computer and I partition it.When I tried to remove one of the operating systems, my windows would not start up ,I get an error message "Error 22"
    Can someone help me please!!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 09:24 PM

What operating systems did you put on the computer, and in what order. Where was the first operating system? Where was the second operating system?

Do you have the installation disks for both operating systems?

I suspect you deleted the active partition and didn't make the remaining partition active. If that's the problem, it should be able to be fixed. I just read an article today about removing XP after installing Windows 7 in a dual-boot configuration:

TR Dojo | TechRepublic.com
    Handyman Wannab Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2009, 12:39 PM

Hi Perito,
    My computer came with XP,I added UBUNTU.
    I only have an installation disk for UBUNTU .
    I want to get XP back, can you help.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2009, 12:53 PM
    I think that when you deleted Ubuntu you also deleted the boot-up manager (usually GRUB) which lives in the Master Boot Record. I have to leave now but you may want to research using your XP disk to repair the MBR.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Dec 13, 2009, 01:02 PM

Let disk load, use repair setting. It will bring you to a prompt. Type:

Fixmbr {return}
    Foxboot {return}

{return} being the enter key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer operating systems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a software program that is not compatible with Vista which is what I am running right now. I am being told that I could run both operating systems on the same computer by using 2/3 for Vista and 1/3 for XP. Will that work?

Operating Systems [ 1 Answers ]

Noticed on here you have similar situations & I had Windows ME on my computer & it kept having issues so I was going to install Windows 2000... went to do this & it should have got rid of Windows ME but didn't & now I have 2 operating systems on my computer & I can't get them off to reinstall back...

Operating systems [ 1 Answers ]

How do I keep PC from going into hibernation

2 operating systems [ 3 Answers ]

I have windows 2000, then I installed xp and now have both os when I start up.How do I uninstall 2000? I've read some posts and am not clear on what u mean by formatting. I'm not very experience and need help. Thank you .

2 operating systems [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I installed XP pro rather than upgrading home. Now I have 2 OS on my PC. Obviously I'd like to simply be running pro and not home. I'd like to get all my settings from home to pro and get rid of home. Can I do this, or should I just uninstall pro and try and upgrade again. Thanks,...

View more questions Search