Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freezenot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Frigidaire freezer not freezing model # ffu2065fw3
    Frigidaire freezer model # ffu2065fw3 alarm went off and is not cooling... added freon and still not cooling... any ideas?
    poopfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 09:45 PM
    I got the same issue this is a piece of crap! I will never buy another Frigidaire! They SUCK! Only 3 years old
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 6, 2010, 03:37 AM

Is the compressor running?
    Freezenot in his post a year ago made an assumption that his was low on refrigerant, which was highly unlikely. Is your freezer self defrosting?
    feetfirst5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2011, 02:11 PM
    I had the same problem... found out there is a leak in the sealed system.. not repairable... freezer only about 4 years old
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2011, 05:44 AM
    Have you cleaned the coils under the refrigerator? You need to blow out the dust and dirt and use a spray a water to wash them off. Remove back to get access to them and make sure to replace it because it will not work with back off. Why did you add freon? Now you have an overcharge. That can keep it from working properly and is the worst thing you could have done. Any time you have to add freon you have a leak that must be repaired. Now you may have created a leak where you tapped into the line. Another thing you need to check is the defrost system after cleaning the coils. Find the defrost timer and rotate it until the refrigerator turns off and see if the freezer defrost and then the refrigerator compressor and freezer fan come back on after 15-20 minutes. If not let me know and I will tell you what to do. DrTom4444
    ChrisPolk Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 12:58 PM
    Do you notice the compressor running inside the unit? If you do not hear it you have an issue with the compressor and/or the evap coils. If you do hear it, and it does not cool, you have a sealed system issue with the freon and lines. You need to contact your manufacturer to see if they cover anything under a limited warranty before spending pocket money .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezer not freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Admiral freezer used, pluged it in and the temp droped to 5 deg Them climed to 30 and has stayed there for the past week. Seems like it is on constant defrost. Is it worth looking at ?

Freezer not freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Frigidaire chest freezer FFC0723DW8 powers up but does not cool/freeze

Refrigerator freezing things and freezer barely freezing items [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Maytag MFF2557HEW, French doors on top and Freezer on bottom. We have freezer set at 7 and refrigerator set at 1. We cannot use veggie drawers because it freezes everything in them. We have to put all veggies and fruits on the shelves. Ice cream remains soft in the freezer, but meats...

Frigidaire Refrigerator/Freezer not cooling/freezing [ 14 Answers ]

We have a Frigidaire refridg/freezer side by side that's 5 or so years old... model # FRS26LF8CWO... It stopped cooling and freezing a few days ago... fans are running... Condenser is almost hot to the touch... I vacuumed coils and fans best I could... Condenser sounds like it wants to run but...

Freezer NOT freezing. Refrigerator is OK. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Magic Chef refrigerator/freezer CTN1911GEW. The refrigerator on the bottom is at the correct temperature. But the freezer at the top is defrosting the food. The fan in the freezer is working. How can I get my freezer to work right again? Please advise. Many thanks Michel

View more questions Search