Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 09:21 AM
    Deeds and Titles
    HI!
    My boyfriend and I just bought a townhouse. We have been living here for almost 2 months. The mortgage is in his name because of the loan we wanted. I want to add my name to the deed and title but will this affect our mortgage and loan? How do I go about doing this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2006, 10:08 AM
    Ok, why was it not added when you bought it, Normally it will not effect the mortgage, but this should have been discussed with your title attorney when you did your original paperwork.

So I would go and discuss this with your title attorney
    Dwight_Pigg Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Nov 18, 2006, 08:20 PM
    You can add your name to the title with no problem. Your boyfriend can sign what is known as a quit-claim deed. This is a document that allows the owner to add you to title.
    Any title company will be happy to prepare the document, notarize it, and record it at the courthouse for you. They can also advise you of any other legal requirements that your county may have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deeds [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Friend That Purchased A Home In June And The Deed States That It Is A Bargin Sale Deed. I Would Like To Get More Information Concerning That And I Would Like To Know If That Was A Good Move For Her To Do.

Warranty deeds [ 2 Answers ]

An original warranty deed for property has a restrictive covenant in it which reads: " It is agreed between the parties hereto that the above property shall not be used for any commerical purposes whatsoever and is limited to residential use only by the parties of the second part, their heirs or...

Transferring deeds [ 3 Answers ]

After we got married my ex husband bought a house just in his name, now such property was declared a community property,we have to go back to court for the final resolution in November. So far, he has taken private loans and there is little equity left; how can I force him to put my name in the...

Title deeds [ 2 Answers ]

I have been informed by my conveyancer that title deeds are now obsolete, as of approx 2000. Is this correct? We have been misled by the same firm about another matter abd I an now reluctant to take their word for this.

About warranty Deeds [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are divorcing. He owns 40 acers and is spliting it with me as part of the divorce. I was told all we need is a warranty deed. But to be very careful as to how it is written. So I was hoping to get help as to what to look for when he gives me this deed?

View more questions Search