Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 12:32 PM
    Which is worse, having a fake i.d made or using someone else's
    Which is worse having a fake i.d made or borrowing a friend or family memebers to get into bars and etc.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2009, 01:07 PM

They are both crimes. In one scenario (fake), you and the person who created the false ID are charged. In the other, both you and the friend/family member are charged.

Depends who you want to serve time with.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 01:19 PM

Uh, here's an idea. Why not wait until you actually are of age so that you and someone else don't end up in trouble. It's not even worth the risk. Just wait.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Dec 8, 2009, 06:20 PM

justcurious55 is right, getting caught using a fake ID or in some places even just possession of one can result in fraud charges, which is much more serious than underage drinking. Don't ruin your life for something so trivial.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 07:04 PM

Depends on the state, in one, you either stole someone's ID or they let you use it, so there they get charged too, or they say you stole it and you get an additional charge

In a fake ID the possession and use can be too separate crimes also.

It really just depends on how the state laws are written.

In GA, normally you would be charged about the same with the punishment about the same
    anonymous_25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 02:17 AM

In Canada, both across the provinces and in the territories, generally (I'm not saying all the time!) what happens is confiscation. It doesn't matter whether the id is fake or belongs to someone else, either way, if it's not yours, the bouncer(s) will take it and bark some degrading comments at you. But, for the most part, there would not be any charges laid. Same thing at a liquor store or if you're trying to buy cigarettes; the clerk will refuse to serve you and may or may not keep the id. Actually calling the cops, and filling out the paperwork needed to charge the underage individual seems to be too much work for these cashiers/waiters/bartenders/bouncers. By no means though, does this mean there's not a risk still involved, they all can certainly press charges if they want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Viewing someone else's bill [ 2 Answers ]

How can I veiw a copy of my husbands cell phone bill if its not in my name it in his and he has a password on the bill so that I can't view it, and I think he is talking to someone else?

Using my ss# with someone else's name fraud? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem and could use some information (guidance) about 8 months ago I had tried to turn on a cellphone when they told me I had an outstanding balance I was completely shocked. I knew I never used there services before so I asked what address was the phone line turned on at when they...

Removal of someone else's RV from our property. [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has a friend who with out our permission left his Rv in the back lot of our property and over the past 5 years has has so many excuses as to why he will not remove the Rv. How can we remove the RV at the cost of this person.

Is hitting someone else's kid legal in PA? [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is turning 7 this month. She just broke down crying today and told my sister that her dad's girlfriend of two years hits her in the mouth when she is "bad". I have repeatedly told my ex that I want NO ONE but the two of us to physically punish our daughter, and despite the fact I have...

My fault, or someone else's? [ 3 Answers ]

I am a tenant in a condo owned by someone who is currently out of the country. I've had some major issues while the landlord has been gone; however, I think this problem is unrelated.* I live in a ground floor condo unit. The condo directly above me is unoccupied. The unit on the 3rd floor...

View more questions Search