Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kilowattskilowatts Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2009, 10:37 AM
    How to approach a girl after missing her for 2 years
    Hello,I am an engineering student who was away from hometown for two years for high schooling.I was in deep love(unfortunately one sided)with a girl 3 years younger to me.Now I am back for a vacation from college and I have 1 month of holiday.I never felt the same feeling that I had toward her to any other girl.I really really love her but sorry to say this don't have guts to tell her this.I know its awkward but.. Please help me.She is currently going to school and I have a high chance of meeting her in Church too.She is a girl who is always in company of her friends.But they don't hang out somewhere or like that.Just after school goes to home which is just 20 meters away!! So my only hope is to see her from church and I have only 1 month left.But before the last time I saw her she knew that I liked her.But after two years of not seeing,I doubt that she might just forget me.So how should I approach.PLEASE HELP.PLEASE HELP.PLEASE HELP
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Please don't create multiple threads about the same question.

Since you're out of time for school and only back for vacation it's going to be difficult to start a romantic relationship.

When you see her, why don't you get her contact information so that you can keep in touch by phone/email.

Reminding her that you have feelings for her, after not seeing her for 2 years is just going to freak her out. Take it slow and build a friendship first.

Dec 8, 2009, 12:55 PM

Thank you very much.But the question I really wants to get answered is this:How should I react or behave when I see her and she sees me after this long time?Should I just go and start talking about how were your days or should I just smile at her giving her time to remember me and slowly start working things out?
    Family & People Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 01:05 PM

I'm guessing you've been rejected by her before? Since she hasn't reciprocated your feelings for her?

I'm not sure what you mean by "working things out". Did you have problems before? Sounds like you're setting some high expectations, which is setting yourself up for disappointment.

You haven't seen her in 2 years. Start with hi, how are you? And give her a few moments to see if she remembers you before you ease into a conversation. I don't think that you should bring up any heavy topics (i.e. your past feelings about her). Keep it casual.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 08:32 PM

Do you really think your going to blow into town for a month, and start something, and then leave again? Doubt that very seriously. Say hi at church, see if she remembers you, and see how she reacts to you.

I was in deep love(unfortunately one sided)with a girl 3 years younger to me.
    How old are you both? Why was it one sided, (age I would imagine)

Dec 9, 2009, 03:07 AM

Thank you again.I will try what ou have said.Btw I am 19 years old.To be frank I am from a rural place in India.(But my college is in a metropolitan area).So girls are more conservative at home town.So its difficult for things like dating.So I haven't got any chance actually to interact with her.Please don't laugh at me.I know this is very weird.But please understand the situation.I cannot go directly towards her.The people are so narrow minded here which blow up things like proposal.But I cannot let her thought away from me.
    Anyway I will try talking to her next time we meet in church i.e. next Sunday.
    Family & People Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 07:34 AM
    If face to face conversations isn't the norm, then you should take things slow with her. The next time you see her, try to get her contact information and keep in touch on IM/email/phone (since you're going away anyway).

Dec 9, 2009, 12:44 PM

Thanks a lot.
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2009, 12:21 PM

When you see her, it's a good idea to contact her via phone, email, social networking, etc. and start as friends.

I would advise you to work on being honest and expressing your feelings- after all, relationships center on trust and honesty- I have a feeling you wouldn't do well with the honesty part of a relationship considering it has been years and you haven't expressed your feelings yet.
    Also, since this girl does not feel the same way about you, I would keep things casual, and at a friendship level while you are on vacation. After that, I would work on moving on with your life instead of dwelling on this woman who is showing no interest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to approach a girl at work [ 13 Answers ]

I have been talking to a girl at work for a while now, and I have developed some feelings for her, and I would like to ask her out on a date, but there are few things that's holding me back; first I don't know how and when to approach her. Second, I don't want her to file a complaint against me for...

How to approach a girl at the gym? [ 18 Answers ]

I'm having some trouble giving my friend advice, he's in his mid 20s. There's a cute girl at the gym, but he doesn't know how to approach her without scaring her away. I actually know of her, she's very book smart, but not street smart. She has high expectations for a potential boyfriend and has...

What do I say when I approach a girl I want to get with [ 5 Answers ]

OK so there is this girl at school that I really like :) n I been wantting 2 approach for a while now but I just don't no what 2 say:( can any one give advice on what to say and nothing dirty please

How do I approach this girl? [ 2 Answers ]

There's this really attractive girl in my school. She's a grade below me so I don't have any classes with her, plus I only see her once or twice in school. How do I approach her without making it really awkward and creepy? And what should I say to her? I have no idea what to do so far. Thanks!

Don't know how to approach this girl [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I'm 20, really shy. There's a girl I see at least once everyday on my way to or coming from class, she's really cute, she looks like she'd be really easy to talk to ( I know it's weird to hear a guy say cute ). I really want to talk to her, but I get nervous and lock-up . Not sure how...

View more questions Search