Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    So, what is the worst I am looking at here?
    So what's the worst, your covenants may state thet your property can be auctioned by the sheriff for over due membership fee.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    So whats the worst, your covenants may state thet your property can be auctioned by the sheriff fo over due membership fee.
    This is getting ridiculous. It really is. So, If I pay them this week and get a receipt is there anything more after that?

Dec 8, 2009, 10:01 AM

Paying your dues should stop the HOA from doing anything like auctioning the property but you may have a late fee to pay too. Just bite the bullet and do it, there is no way around most covenants, they are considered law and are registered at your state capitol. I never realized what all I aws signing when I bought my log cabin on a lake but I am bound by the covenants, rukles &regs and bylaws just like all other owners at the lake.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2009, 10:03 AM
    So, If I pay them this week and get a reciept is there anything more after that?
    Hello again, adam:

Make sure your receipt says PAID IN FULL. That SHOULD end it... But, who knows with little old men running around spying on you?

excon

PS> Ok, maybe YOUR HOA isn't like that... But, it is, isn't it?
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 11:37 AM

Thanks everyone for their help. I will make sure I pay everything to them. I hope that is as far as it goes. I will get The receipt saying paid in full.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 12:46 PM
    Thanks everyone for their help. I will make sure I pay everything to them. I hope that is as far as it goes. I will get The receipt saying paid in full.
    Then further problems should cease Adam. Just make sure that if you still have the house next year to pay on time.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 01:09 PM

We can all give opinions but what matters is the documents, covenants, by-laws etc. It could even be in your deed. Most associations can sue for their fees and related costs such as attorney fees which could get serious. Many can even put a lien on your property. Everything is dependent on state law, local law and agreements and what the agreements say. I have been in 2 HOA type developments and never signed separate HOA documents. The HOA charter may give the HOA control within certain boundaries anyhow. Ask for the documents before waiting too long.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 01:18 PM

Thanks again,

I believe I was wrong in who was suing me. I think it is someone else. So that is another problem for more money. I think I am safe with the situation I am in and I am going to play it safe next year.

Dec 8, 2009, 01:35 PM

Agree, see post #9
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2009, 01:40 PM

It was another place I lived at with my brother. He as supposed to take care of everything. I guess I will have to wait this one out and see.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do about an increase in condo fee [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a letter from my condo association saying the board of directors are proposing a 107 percent increase in the condo fee for our community. I don tknow what to do because I can barely afford to live on the money I bring in now, and its been much tougher since the recession. Is there...

Paying Cash for a House.. [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, Group! I have poor credit due to events of a worker's comp injury. I have my settlement but cannot get a mortgage (except for very lousy 30-year 9% mortgage from a lender with 50% down) because of my poor credit, even though I have enough to buy the house outright which is $200,000. Should...

Owner of the House Lost House While We're Still Paying Him Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently going through a somewhat messy situation.. My husband and I moved into this house in Victorville about 2 and a half years ago. The house was perfect and the rent was suitable and our 5 kids loved the neighborhood and their new schools. Well about three weeks ago this man had came over...

Paying Cash for a House.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Group! I have poor credit due to events of a worker's comp injury. I have my settlement but cannot get a mortgage (except for very lousy 30-year 9% mortgage from a lender with 50% down) because of my poor credit, even though I have enough to buy the house outright which is $200,000. Should...

View more questions Search