Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalalovely Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 11:25 PM
    I thought he had liked me.
    I met this guy at a party and we had kept making eye contact from across the room. He later asked me if I wanted to be his partner for beer pong and I said yes. We flirted while we played, he gave me compliments about how good I was and he said we "had chemistry" because we were playing so well together. We had talked to get to know each other and he had actually been listening to what I was saying, unlike most guys I meet at parties. So all of this gave me the idea that he had liked me, but at the end of the night when me and my friends were leaving, he just shook my hand. Was I completely wrong about him liking me? Why did he just give me a hand shake?
    rockie100 Posts: 313, Reputation: 64

Dec 8, 2009, 02:08 AM

Don't read into his hand shake. Sounds like you both enjoyed the evening.
    He might have thought, since you both had been drinking, that it wasn't the night to pursue you.
    Some like to find out more about a person before asking for more time with them. He might inquire friends about you. Or, be giving you a chance to do the same.
    Im not sure what you expected him to do that night. But it was nothing that couldn't be accomplished on a future encounter.
    Understand, he could have been waiting for your response to his hand shake to go something like... "It was really nice to meet you. I had a lot of fun. We should get together sometime and hang out."
    I would check to see if he is seeing someone. Or, if he had gotten out of a recent relationship.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 07:19 AM
    It's possible that he didn't want to come on too strong by getting your contact information right away. But there can be so many other possibilities. But instead of worrying about what he's thinknig, take it for what it is. Don't let his handshake overshadow the fun time that you had.

Is there a chance that you will see him again?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 07:26 AM

You both had a great time, cherish those moments, but you both were just strangers and he was a friendly polite guy, but you still don't know each other. Maybe you'll meet again, maybe you won't, but don't dwell to long on why he acted as he did.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I thought she was the one [ 10 Answers ]

I met a girl six years ago. She was married and I was married. I thought we fell in love. We were friends and lovers, passionate attentive and caring. She left her husband, I left my wife. She decided we should have a baby, I didn't agree because of my family history, but we did anyway. My son is...

Can't get over the thought of me having HPV [ 4 Answers ]

I was told 3 yrs ago that I had hpv. I had only have had one partner and he is now my husband, I have been unable to get in the mood to have sex. I know it is wearing on him. I just don't know how to get over and move on with out blaming him. I know that he did not know he had this virus and if...

But I thought he/she was different. [ 2 Answers ]

Its funny a lot of the common ground everyone shares during a break up (re: Break up Survival Guide). Its amazing sometimes how long it takes you to sink that your ex is no different than anyone else's. We'd all like to hope that they will change their minds, "not him! NOT HIM!", that MY...

Just a thought [ 2 Answers ]

Think About It - The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire. - It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal the neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it. - Never test the depth of the water with both feet. - It may be that...

View more questions Search