Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kvk15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 05:17 PM
    How do you tell a guy you are only friends?
    OK, I work with this guy, who I consider just a friend, and he has fallen for me, I am disgusted, how do I tell him to stop it; thecalls, texts, I miss you's, gifts, etc. I have told him we are only friends and he does not get it! There has not been any kissing or sex invloved
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Dec 7, 2009, 05:31 PM
    If you have tried everything then you need to give him an ultimatum,either he stop the harassment or you are taking it to management.
    He sounds obsessive and that could become a danger to you.
    You can't be nice to some people and he sounds like one of them.
    ninjajr92 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Dec 7, 2009, 06:26 PM

This sounds dangerous. Break off the relationship you have with him now. Tell him to seriously stop it, if he doesn't then take it up with management and file harassment.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 02:42 AM

Block his number, don't take his calls, refuse the gifts, don't talk to him.

If he's that thick, be prepared to seek assistance in making it stop.

Don't wait too long.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Start by ignoring him. Don't even bother telling him that you're just friends. Pretend as though he doesn't even exists. The less attention you give him, the better. Unfortunately some people just can't take a hint and if you give him any sort of attention, he's going to have a sense of false hope.

If he still persists after a two weeks or so, you might need to threatening to report him to management. I would rush to report him, because it can cause a lot of tension in the office. So try to ignore him first.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 08:06 AM

He doesn't sound like a friend to me at all. Stop being friendly, accept no gifts, ignore calls and texts, and turn your head when you see him at work. If he still can't take the hint, tell him you will report him if he doesn't LEAVE YOU ALONE PERIOD!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if a guy likes me? [ 5 Answers ]

I like this guy at school and he keeps staring at me and I don't know if he likes me or if there is something wrong with me.

Find name of this guy [ 11 Answers ]

I have attached the file. I want to know the name of this guy

Frustrated guy! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey to all out there, Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully reply to this post. So Il first try and set some background, I have just got engaged to a beautiful funny caring lady oh about a month ago and honestly for the few weeks after that I couldn’t of been happier, Unfortunately...

In love with a guy. [ 3 Answers ]

I am in love with a guy in my office,but I am a widow.So I am hesitant to express my feeling with him.whether he will take in right sense or not.Dont know what to do now.

View more questions Search