Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terke Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 03:24 PM
    Arc fault breaker code
    Can I protect a kitchen counter circuit with GFI outlets with a AFBreaker and add a hall outlet on the other side of the wall
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 7, 2009, 03:32 PM

NO. You cannot have receptacles in other areas on with the kitchen receptacle circuits.
    josepablomir Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2009, 09:32 PM
    Wrong answer, 210.52 B 3 allows to share the two lines required for countertop outlets to supply receptacles in other rooms.

Pablo.-
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 05:08 AM

Hello Pablo, welcome to the forum.

No, my answer was correct, if not worded perfectly. By "other areas" I meant non-kitchen related areas.
    The two SA circuits can share receptacles with DR, pantry, nook, etc type areas, but NOT outside kitchen type places.

And they may not share between two kitchens if the house has more than one.

(B)(3) refers you to (B)(1) which starts "In the kitchen, pantry, breakfast room, dining room, or similar area of a dwelling unit,....."
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Terke, are you all set?

Stan offered the correct advice, and backup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arc fault breaker NEC requirements [ 4 Answers ]

I would like someone to clarify if all rooms of a renovated or upgraded electrical system (changed from a fuse panel to a breaker panel)has to be arc protected or just the bedrooms Thanks

ARC Fault Breaker problems [ 1 Answers ]

The ARC Fault Breaker of one of my bedrooms turns off. I cannot turn it on now. What could be the cause? By the way, I have turned off all the switches. What should I do from this point on? A related interesting question is why the night light that I plugged into one outlet in the bedroom is...

Arc Fault Breaker Questions [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house built in 1950 and I am upgrading the fuse box to one with breakers. Thanks for your answers in advance. My question is do you recommend using ARC FAULT breakers for all the old wiring? I know it will cost me more but the wiring is old. Does an ARC FAULT breaker also do the job...

Arc fault breaker wiring [ 1 Answers ]

Can I power two arc fault protected circuits through one 14-3 feeder? I intend to install two arc fault breakers in the panel and route the power to two bedrooms through a single run of 14-3 cable.

Arc fault circuit breaker [ 5 Answers ]

I am in a high rise condo building. My bedrooms(2) arc fault circuit breaker (1) seems to be in off position (the 15amp switch) after the power in my 2 bedrooms went out quietly during the day. However, I cannot move the 15 amp switch back to the 'on' position. What is the likely problem?

View more questions Search