Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    .JAP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 12:36 PM
    What can I do to get the love of my life back when he has a new girl?
    Well, my boyfriend and I have been broken up now for a few months now. Him and I dated about a year and it took us our first 2 months of dating to have a first real fight. It seems like its always me trying to hold our relationship together. He'll say he's doing his part or that he cares but I just have no idea what to do anymore. Him and I haven't talked in about a month or a little more and all I can think about is him. I did good for awhile on trying to get over him with talking to girlfriends, guyfriends, family, blocking him through texting, trying to meet other guys and it just kept coming back. A can barely sleep at night because its him that's on my mind constantly. I want to text him but he blocked me. He has a new girlfriend and they've been together for about a week. I want him back but I have no clue what else to do. He is my first true love and I miss him so much. I want to make a difference in his life but every time I try I just get shut out even more or friends of mine just get even more mad at me because I'm still attached and still trying. I need advice on what both males and females think I should do.! Him and I were so close its not even funny. We got cutest couple of the month once. Please write back to any suggestions you might have or think I could use to either get him back or try and get him off my mind..
    Thanks again sorry it was long.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2009, 12:49 PM
    Breakups are never easy,but you need to start healing and get over him. He is with somebody else and shows by his actions that he doesn't want any contact with you.
    You should keep busy and do things that make you feel good,it'll help you get your life back.
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Dec 7, 2009, 12:50 PM
    I know it's hard for you but there is nothing you can do, especially if you're the only one trying. He has moved on. He may never come back to you, but the best chance you have at that is to stop trying to contact him. Leave him alone, stop talking about him with your friends, try to date other people, and show him you can be fine without him. Whether he comes back or not, things will get better for you. But it won't if you stay hung up on him.
    quantiry Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 7, 2009, 12:52 PM

Move on, life's too short to live on the past that's gone, this guy was a stranger once, now you love him, history repeats itself, you can meet someone new and learn to love that person too, it's going to get hard before it gets easy, but it will be worth it, best wishes, and keep moving ahead. Live life a little.
    Misshersomuch Posts: 84, Reputation: 12

Dec 7, 2009, 02:49 PM
    Clearly, at this stage, it doesn't look like he wants to come back to you. So I don't think there's much you can do, really, if he already hasa new girlfriend, chances are, there isn't much you can say to bring him back.

The best chance you have for that to happen, is to make him miss you by not being there anymore. But I doubt that he actually wants to come back to you, I'm sorry to sound so harsh but he seems to be over you.

I suggest moving on. Putting your life on hold for this guy ain't worth it. Read the stickies and establish no contact. Go out, have fun, stay busy. Good luck, I can guarantee you will find later loves.
    ninjajr92 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Dec 7, 2009, 07:11 PM

You cannot force someone to be with you. As much as it hurts, move on and find someone better. I'm sorry but you will find happiness soon, all you need is time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 7, 2009, 07:41 PM

Sadly it takes both wanting something to work, And it appears he is moving on and does not want to get back.
    YOu have little choice but to move on yourself.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 02:48 AM

Keep thinking about the reasons it didn't work. You were the only one trying, and had you stayed together, you would still be the only one trying.

What you miss are the good times, and that comes when you start to forget the reality of what it was really like.

Try to realize that while parts of it were good, there weren't enough of them to make a long term relationship out of.

He has already moved on. Time to just put him in your past, realize it will never be the same, he is gone from your life, and somebody else's problem now.

You can do much better with a more compatible mate, and try half as hard as you did with this one.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 8, 2009, 08:22 AM

He clearly is not coming back, so read the stickies at the beginning of this forum, and get over him. There is a link in my signature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting back the love of my life [ 5 Answers ]

How can I get back my ex girl friend without pushing her further away from me because I love her and I think we are meant to be.

Getting back the love of my life [ 11 Answers ]

I need some honest suggestions! Read carefully and tell me what this means! My best friend and life long love of 10 years has given up on me. We were friends in high school, throughout college, and afterwards. We never dated each other, but always had that very strong attraction. We...

The love of my life was molested as a young girl [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have looked at some other topics similar to mine, but no one seems to be putting out the advice I need yet. I hope to find some answers here, but I ask that if you don't have personal experience over coming this matter or have helped someone over come these things, please do not comment. ...

Girl says she loves me but not in love me wants to live life female opinion? [ 23 Answers ]

So iwas with her for almost a year everything was fine until this month then I noticed she didn't wany make time or lie to her parents to see me saying her phone is broke can't answer texts or call me back until she's going to bed She's 17 I'm 21 she's in high school which is like in eye view...

I would give my life for a girl. But I don't know if she likes me(love) [ 8 Answers ]

Yeah.. oke.. so.. There is 1 girl.. I met her about 2 years ago.. and I liked her.. like a guy likes all girls.. but the love began.. hm.. like 4 months ago.. we went to a disco.. and like from liking my feelings became more deep.. like madly in love with her.. I wrote her a poem,made her a card...

View more questions Search