Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosiejake Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2009, 10:11 AM
    Statute of limitations canada
    I lent my brother $36,000 in 2001 while he lived in New Brunswick, I live in Ontario, my brother now lives in Nova Scotia. He denies owing me the money, I had a lawyer send him a letter, he said it was a gift. Can I try to retrieve these funds, I have cancelled cheques and visa statements, but not a promissory note
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 7, 2009, 03:48 PM

You will need to ask your lawyer because every situation is different. Has he stated any reason that he believed it was a gift ? What was the monies used for ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of limitations in Canada [ 15 Answers ]

I want to know how long the statute of limitations is on a debt to a third party who secured a loan that was defaulted on. I am Canadian and the debt was incured here in Canada.:confused:

Statute of limitations for a will in Canada? [ 2 Answers ]

My father (legally adopted me at the age of 7) was a canadian citizen. He and my mother divorced when I was 18 (now 38) - he passed away a few years back, yet my step brother and step sister took care of his estate and will without informing me that he passed away. I am sure once the divorce was...

What is the statute of limitations in canada [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations in canada regarding debt?

Statute of limitations/Canada [ 6 Answers ]

As no-one seems to have an answer to how long the duration of a debt is can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the collectability of a debt in Canada?:confused: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

Statute of limitations for because Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I would find out what the statute of limitations for debt is in BC Canada? I'm trying to dispute a credit card debt that they tell me is from 2001. Thanks, any info appreciated.

View more questions Search